Windows 10: Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record?

Discus and support Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LucasLinkowski, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record?

My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformatted boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory still when the system start I receive "unable to access boot device". I got Win Installation Media usb, how else can I get the the bootrec /fixboot to do its job? I already did sfc /scannow and checked disk for error, all good there.

Can anyone help me?

:)

LucasLinkowski, Jun 16, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

I seemed to have been saved by a link to this fix:
    Please use regedit to rename hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\AppCompat - changeAppCompat to AppCompat_HOLD . Then try launching PSR again.
    Tried it and now Steps Recorder seems to be working as it should.
    But to follow up on your suggestion, I'm going to try to find and repair the corrupt files that my sfc scan found... after setting a restore point!
    Thanks for your help.

weybrew, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 16, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record?

1. Unable to start Win10 - Howto fix boot record? - Similar Threads - Unable start Win10

2. Howto solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Howto solve this issue?: Dear Microsoft,I recently encountered an issue with my laptop, where it suddenly stopped working and I experienced some hanging and Blue Screen of Death BSOD issues when I tried to restart it. Could you please provide a solution to this problem?...
  3. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  4. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  5. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or Howto Convert

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or Howto Convert: HLP files got deprecated in Win7 but workarounds worked. Win10 v1909 appears to eliminate the ability to execute (use) HLP files. I have a number of older programs that have or use HLP files including some of M$ old programs. One program in particular -- a book I use...
  7. HowTo Expand Win10 EFI-Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HowTo Expand Win10 EFI-Partition: I've tried to resize the MS EFI-partition (100Mb to 500Mb) on DiskA. I've tried gparted on my Linux System on DiskB. A warning told me that something went wrong. On Windows it already shows the 500Mb size. But when i want to copy some files from my Linux System into the...
  8. Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10: Hello, My system unable to start in safe mode, but normal start works without any problem. whenever i try safe mode by selecting "4" screen take me to diagnosing system attempting repair loop every time. in last SRTTRAIL LOG Done. i tried all chkdsk, bootrec options... no...
  9. Need an howto

in Windows 10 News
    Need an howto: Want to rename an *.exe to exchange it with another, but Windows says No. The question is, how i can get full access for all my files without using a Linux or another Unix?
  10. HOWTO? Make an APP start at boot no splash screen in systray

HOWTO? Make an APP start at boot no splash screen in systray: Hi All, HOWTO? Make an APP start at boot no splash screen in systray, any help would be muchly appreciated and i dont mind editing my registry as i have done for many other reasons in the past... 34307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. howtofixboot/rec fix/boot