Windows 10: Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”

Discus and support Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Over the last several days my computer has timed out during mostly Restart and occasionally during Shut Down. This usually has me hold the power switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BdoubleC86, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”

Over the last several days my computer has timed out during mostly Restart and occasionally during Shut Down. This usually has me hold the power switch until it hard shut down.Yesterday I had checked for Windows Updates, done troubleshooting, scanned for viruses, etc. everything came back clean.Then, today, I came back to my computer after stepping away for a few minutes to see that it was installing updates. I hadn’t selected it so possible it was scheduled. Then I went into a start-up loop where it keeps saying: “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Do not turn of your comput

:)

BdoubleC86, Jul 14, 2021

2. Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Jul 14, 2021
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates” [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates” [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”

Berton, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates”

1. Unable to Startup after “We couldn’t complete updates” - Similar Threads - Unable Startup “We

2. We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Windows Update 20H2 KB5005033

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Windows Update 20H2 KB5005033: Hello I am struggling to try install Windows Update KB5005033The update always stopped at 98% and the 'We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes' appears.I have tried anything on the internet to fix this, but nothing workI have read that the update can't be installed...
  3. Couldn’t complete updates

Couldn’t complete updates: I keep getting the error ‘Couldn’t complete updates undoing changes don’t turn off your computer”I have uninstalled latest updates, I have reset to before updates, have tried troubleshooting etc.Windows 10 can someone please help.I am not so tech survey so would appreciate...
  4. Everytime I try to update, it says “We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing Changes”

Everytime I try to update, it says “We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing Changes”: I tried to update over and over again but I get the same message. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-try-to-update-it-says-we-couldnt/8dc88b2e-d4a0-451d-804e-a2f05cfe3153
  5. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  6. “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...

“We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...: After updating my Lenovo ideapad 320 Windows 10, I got for the first time the "we couldn't complete the updates" message, and cannot get out of that screen. With that said, I've tried almost every solution I've found online like troubleshooting but none of them work, and the...
  7. Couldn’t Complete the Update

Couldn’t Complete the Update: I’ve tried watching many videos on what to do and read articles ,it seems nothing has worked. If anyone knows the solution for this issue, Would be great Thanks! submitted by /u/ApexNoon [link] [comments]...
  8. Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.

Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.: I keep getting this error every time I try to update my pc and I have no idea why. Any help appreciated. submitted by /u/Yesdadiva [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcui6l/error_fix_we_couldnt_complete_the_updates_undoing/
  9. We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.

We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.: I’ve already tried resetting my windows. In windows update settings there is error showing: ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’. PC info: OS Build 17763.316 Version: 1809 After resetting windows, windows updates which I can see in control...
  10. We couldn’t connect to the update service

We couldn’t connect to the update service: When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine) Its a new pc build and windows install. Running windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.253. I'v only got 5 hotfixes installed atm....