Windows 10: Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes

Discus and support Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use my mobile's usb tethering option to connect my laptop to internet. Recently, for the ast 3 days, i'm noticing that the internet gets disconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S.M.NaaveenKumar, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes

I use my mobile's usb tethering option to connect my laptop to internet. Recently, for the ast 3 days, i'm noticing that the internet gets disconnected after a few minutes and any new instance of using the internet is unable to do so. If i'm already using internet somewhere, it stays connected. But, any new instance will not able to use internet. For example, I start playing Dota 2 online immediately after i connect internet. I can keep playing as long as i want, but after sometime if i try to browse the internet through edge, i will not be able to do so. Also, i will not be able to browse in game too. Please help me troubleshoot this.

Even as I'm finishing the above paragraph, I am unable to submit it. I'm submitting this question in the second try in accessing the internet.

:)

S.M.NaaveenKumar, Apr 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to the internet on Windows 10

Hi Naresh,

I realize that you are unable to connect to Internet. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Do you have a wired net connection or a WiFi net connection?

You can plug in the Ethernet cable directly to the computer and check if you are able to connect to Internet. There might be situations that you might have to install the pending updates and also to update the network driver.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates with a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes

Unable to browse the Internet even when connected to Wi-Fi

Hi,

There may be several reasons as to why you cannot connect to the internet. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried connecting to the internet using a wired connection?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Does this happen with all websites?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We also suggest that you try the try the troubleshooting steps found
    here

Regards.

Katrina Men, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes

1. Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes - Similar Threads - Unable stay connected

2. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  3. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  4. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.: Internet stops working about 3 minutes after startup or reconnection. The network icon on the taskbar is showing "Network Internet Connection" but there is none; browsers, cmd ping, troubleshoot, etc. This applies to Ethernet and phone tethering saved as ethernet.There is no...
  6. Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.: Internet stops working about 3 minutes after startup or reconnection. The network icon on the taskbar is showing "Network Internet Connection" but there is none; browsers, cmd ping, troubleshoot, etc. This applies to Ethernet and phone tethering saved as ethernet.There is no...
  7. WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes

WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes: When I start my PC the WiFi Adapter connects to my wifi and has internet access, I start a ping to 8.8.8.8 and it looses internet connection after about 2 minutes. The adapter is still connected to my wifi, but simply has no internet access. So my solution now is, to...
  8. Wifi shows connected but no internet every few minutes

Wifi shows connected but no internet every few minutes: The error msg I see is dns_probe_no_internet after every few minutes. The networks works fine on other devices. When I disable the wifi manually and start it again the network works fine for another couple of minutes and then drops again....
  9. Can't stay connected to the internet

Can't stay connected to the internet: Hello, I got a new PC about a month ago, and it's been smooth sailing until three days ago. Suddenly after I turned on my computer, it began telling me I was connected to my network, but there was no internet. Sometimes it stays connected to the internet for 20 minutes, and...
  10. Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.

Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.: I am at my wits end with this nonsense, i'm using Windows 10 and have a shitty realtek 8821AE Wireless that no matter what I do, drops my internet and is turning me into a homicidal maniac. I cannot have this continue, it is ruining projects, college work and everything...