Windows 10: Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

Discus and support Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Opera browser setup. When I double click on the executable file, the UAC window pops up, asking me whether to allow changes by this app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by manubhatt3, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

I have the Opera browser setup. When I double click on the executable file, the UAC window pops up, asking me whether to allow changes by this app to my computer. Even if I click on 'No', the setup proceeds anyway and completes.
    Why is this happening? Is this a problem? If yes, then what can I do about it?

:)

manubhatt3, Oct 12, 2017

2. Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

I have the Opera browser setup. When I double click on the executable file, the UAC window pops up, asking me whether to allow changes by this app to my computer. Even if I click on 'No', the setup proceeds anyway and completes.

Why is this happening? Is this a problem? If yes, then what can I do about it?

Moved fromUnable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window. :(Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy / PC)

abhaybhatt, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

Hi,

I have tried both the methods and both tasks were successful and complete, but still, the problem described above, is there.

Thanks.

abhaybhatt, Oct 12, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

That is not going to stop an installation of something if the software writer has figured out how to get around that. That is what the extra layers of security are to do. If you do not want programs to start an install, you need to tell Opera to just save them to the download folder, along with Auto Start disabled in Control Panel for Default Programs.

bro67, Oct 12, 2017
Thema:

Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window.

1. Unable to stop installation by clicking 'No' on the UAC window. - Similar Threads - Unable stop installation

2. Installing printer as non-administrator user - PxPX UAC prompt stops proces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing printer as non-administrator user - PxPX UAC prompt stops proces: I am trying to reverse Microsoft's PrintNightmare "fix" that stopped non-admin users from installing Printers and their drivers. I have most everything working with one exception.I have my test non-admin user attempting to install a Laserjet 2035n printer I will be eventually...
  3. Installing printer as non-administrator user - PxPX UAC prompt stops proces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing printer as non-administrator user - PxPX UAC prompt stops proces: I am trying to reverse Microsoft's PrintNightmare "fix" that stopped non-admin users from installing Printers and their drivers. I have most everything working with one exception.I have my test non-admin user attempting to install a Laserjet 2035n printer I will be eventually...
  4. Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  5. Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to paste credentials into the elevated UAC prompt: I recently received a new laptop through work. I have full admin rights, but I have found that I am unable to paste anything in the UAC prompt whether I have regedit/gppolicy Secure Desktop enabled or disabled. I cannot disable UAC as it is against policy and I get a randomly...
  6. Community Suggestions for UAC for those that are unable to access feedback hub due to UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Community Suggestions for UAC for those that are unable to access feedback hub due to UAC: Hello,I wanted to create a thread for sending feedback and suggestions to Microsoft regarding its default UAC implementation. Microsoft's official feedback and support channel is...
  7. UAC doesn't give optino to click on "Yes".

UAC doesn't give optino to click on "Yes".: Hello, I'm currently having issues with granting admin permissions on my Windows 10. Whenever the prompt comes on (during a software installation, etc.), only "No" shows; "Yes" doesn't appear anymore. Please help! ***Modified title Original: Admin Access ***...
  8. UAC not blocking installation

UAC not blocking installation: Hi, I was wondering why UAC will allow a program to be installed on my computer, even though I selected 'no' on the prompt 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your PC?'. I am asking, because I do not want my son to be able to install programs without our...
  9. UAC dead click problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC dead click problems: Firstly hello! I'm new here and am having a torrid time after 'upgrading' to Win 10 The first thing that happened was that I couldn't open any photos - I got the 'this app can't be opened with UAC disabled'. Then I couldn't open things like calculator with the same...
  10. Unable to edit Hosts file, UAC Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to edit Hosts file, UAC Off: Hello, I am unable to edit root/system32/drivers/etc/hosts, even with UAC set to "Never Notify". I get access denied errors of different flavors when I attempt to make a new hosts file and replace it, attempt to edit the original and save over... none of my shenanigans appear...