Windows 10: Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

Discus and support Unable to stream Netflix in 4K in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cory6897, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Cory6897 Win User

Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App - Downloaded and installed latest drivers on monitor & GPU - Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz - Windows 10 - OS Build: 19042.1165 Display information reported by Windows 10: VX2776-4K-mhd (connected to NVIDIA GeForce GTS 980 Ti) Desktop resolution: 3840 x 2160 Active Signal resolution: 3840 x 2160 Any ideas as to why I can't get a 4k signal? I made sure my monitor is HDCP 2.2 and also installed the HEVC Video Extensions from the Microsoft store.

:)

Cory6897, Aug 13, 2021

2. Lenovo Yoga 710 can't stream netflix in 4k even though it has the specs

I don't know what im doing wrong. im sure i have all the specs to stream content on netflix in 4k but for some reason its not popping up on netflix that im watching in 4k. Lenovo - 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX - 256GB SSD - Pearl black
    • 80V50009US
    This is my specs for my laptop. I know i have the specs to stream in 4k, i just dont know why. youtube works fine but netflix doesn't. i know you have to watch 4k content in the browser of microsoft edge, check. i know you need to have the highest netflix
    account that allows for ultra hd, check. i know you need to have at least seventh gen intel, check. why can't i watch 4k content in 4k, please someone help.

Mrmartir305, Aug 13, 2021
  3. shaptoni Win User
    Unable to play YouTube or Netflix

Since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro I am now unable to play YouTube or Netflix

I am using a Lenovo Yoga Book Windows version 10.0.18363

Netflix Error U7361-1253-800705AA (app)

Netflix Error H7361-1253-800705AA​ (edge browser)

YouTube Error JDSEu8jhH639FHdh (edge browser)

Netflix say:

If you experience the error code U7361-1253-800705AA on your Windows 10 computer, it typically indicates that your system requires an update. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.​
    • Perform Windows updates​
    - this is what caused the issue and i am now on the latest version

• If you are using the Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition, we suggest downloading the Windows Media Feature Pack.
    - this is not applicable for my version

Can anyone help?

Thanks

shaptoni, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Netflix does not stream readily

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering the same issue using other browsers?
    • What websites usually don't stream on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Are you getting an error when streaming on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Netflix app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K - Similar Threads - Unable stream Netflix

2. Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rupal_hs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldsl49/netflix_4k_works_on_chromium_edge/
  3. Netflix 4k Broken after Hevc Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix 4k Broken after Hevc Update: The latest update to Hevc has broken 4k on Netflix I have no idea where I can report this I uninstalled it to verify and Netflix works but only in HD I then had to pay to get it back on my PC and there is a definite problem with it It was working fine yesterday...
  4. Unable to install Netflix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Netflix: Split from this thread. I have the same question, I even reinstalled the Op system I am running version 1903 OSbuild 18362.592. I have a touch screen and when I try to install netflix is does nothing I have been dealing with this issue since yesterday and I have tried...
  5. Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K

Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K: Hello all, I just bought a new laptop and downloaded the netflix app but I can't get 4k playback, just HD. I've listed the steps below I've taken to trouble shoot and my configuration too. Configuration/Troubleshooting: Razer Blade Advanced 15 with Windows 10 all...
  6. Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming: Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-based Edge browser could look and work better Chrome in some areas. The Chromium Edge will launch in beta soon and the browser supports several important features, including picture-in-picture mode, support for third-party extensions and more....
  7. Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

Netflix App Low Quality Streaming: After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated. 19185
  8. BSOD While Streaming Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While Streaming Netflix: I just went full screen and then I got the BSOD. I tried restarting and unplugging the power cable after a shutdown. My drivers and Windows updates are up to date. My PC is experiencing heavy slow down since the crash. 71619
  9. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...
  10. Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of

in Windows 10 News
    Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of: This week, Microsoft claimed that 4K (UHD) content from Netflix was now available exclusively for Windows 10 PCs. It’s not true. On any level. It’s not true because Netflix’s small but growing library of 4K (and HDR) content has been available for months on other devices,...