Windows 10: Unable to Submit a FIle for Analysis (Upload Repeatedly Fails)

Discus and support Unable to Submit a FIle for Analysis (Upload Repeatedly Fails) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For several days, I have been trying to submit a file (as a developer) here;... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZoriaRPG, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ZoriaRPG Win User

Unable to Submit a FIle for Analysis (Upload Repeatedly Fails)

For several days, I have been trying to submit a file (as a developer) here;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission?persona=SoftwareDeveloper?persona=SoftwareDeveloper

I've filled in the forms, and I have tried to submit both a raw .exe and a .zip file.

I've tried to submit both using MS Edge, and Firefox, with the same result.

In all cases, the submission process reaches the popup 'Uploading file', then after about 10 seconds, it halts, returns me to the form, with:

File upload failed - please try again.

I have tried this several times now, on both web browsers, on three different dates each!

What's happening here? We need to submit out programme for analysis because Defender constantly false flags it, and user complaints are stacking up.

:)

ZoriaRPG, Nov 5, 2018

2. Submit a file exceed 50MB for Malware Analysis

We have a data extraction software (Web Scraping Tool & Free Web Crawlers for Data Extraction | Octoparse) and for the last few week when our users download the software, they got "“Trojan” warnings from Windows Defender Anti-Virus
    Software.

So we would like to submit our software to Microsoft for Malware Analysis. But since our file exceeds the required size(50MB), we cannot submit the file on Sample Submission Portal. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission)

We reached out to the support and he suggested we can upload the file to ONEDRIVE and mention the download link here.Here is the download ONEDRIVE link of the file that needs to be analyzed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amq8iw_ioYjihCxisvSfaD_kyQ2A

There is NO malicious malware hidden in the files of our program, and the detection is a simple consequence of our protective mechanism being unidentified by Windows Anti-Virus software. In order to protect our intellectual property it employs a strict self-protective
    mechanism to prevent our coding from being infringed, decompiled or reversed. As Malware, viruses, and Trojans often disguise themselves with similar protection mechanism, anti-virus software often fail to distinguish the protection mechanism of a clean program
    and the disguise of a malware; this is exactly what is generating the false positive anti-virus detection of our software.

Please do review the file and reply with the analysis result. Thank you!

DianneHung, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Tyler K. Win User
    Submitting Files Larger than 10 MB For Analysis?

I have a file that I want to submit for analysis that I feel is a false positive, but the problem is that the file is larger than 10 MB. I cannot use the regular MMPC sample submission form to send it to Microsoft for analysis. Can someone please give
    me a way to send it? The file is 549 MB in size, and is an executable (.exe). Thanks in advance!

Tyler K., Nov 5, 2018
  4. RicDias Win User

Can't submit false-positive for analysis

Hello,

I've been trying to submit a file for Microsoft Malware Center for analysis.

It contains a false-positive.

I'm having no success submiting the file using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/portal/submission/submit.aspx

The problem is that the request times out.

Any alternative?

Best regards,

Ricardo

RicDias, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Submit a FIle for Analysis (Upload Repeatedly Fails) - Similar Threads - Unable Submit FIle

2. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  3. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  4. How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+: I work for a software company, we have tons of .exe files from all our releases since 20 more years. All our .exes triggers the Windows defender SmartScreen which annoys our customers.We can't find a way to submit multiple files for analysis, only one per one... Is there a...
  5. How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+: I work for a software company, we have tons of .exe files from all our releases since 20 more years. All our .exes triggers the Windows defender SmartScreen which annoys our customers.We can't find a way to submit multiple files for analysis, only one per one... Is there a...
  6. File submit failed for malware analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File submit failed for malware analysis: Good afternoon.Recently, i've created a app that is being detected as malware in some PCs.I'm trying to upload it for analysis to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission but the form failed during upload process.Whan can i do?Thanks.Regards....
  7. How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb

How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb: I work for an eLearning company that makes small training simulations with Unreal Engine 4. Currently one of our .exes triggers the windows defender smartscreen which is concerning to the end user. A solution we are trying to pursue is to submit a file for malware analysis...
  8. Failed to upload file for file for malware analysis at Microsoft Security Intelligence portal

Failed to upload file for file for malware analysis at Microsoft Security Intelligence portal: Hi, I'm trying to submit exe file for malware analysis at Microsoft Security Intelligence portal. But every time I do that I get an error "File upload failed - please try again". This file is a binary containing study task of one of my students - binary tree implementation...
  9. unable to submit

in Browsers and Email
    unable to submit: I filled out a form looking for some information on a particular website. When I hit the submit button nothing happens, this has been happening a lot. Anyone know how to fix it? The page just sits there. 115844
  10. unable to submit a reply

in Browsers and Email
    unable to submit a reply: sometimes on message boards that you want to join, or websites they ask you for certain information yet when I hit the submit tab nothing happens, it just sits there doing nothing. I am at a loss with Windows 10, it's been over 1 year and I still don't like it. I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. submit file for analysis