Windows 10: Unable to submit request for additional time

Discus and support Unable to submit request for additional time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a child account setup under my family. It was working fine until recently. The account is setup so that he must send a request to me for time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AdXZ, Aug 7, 2020.

1. AdXZ Win User

Unable to submit request for additional time

I have a child account setup under my family. It was working fine until recently. The account is setup so that he must send a request to me for time after a certain hour.

His account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" He is connected to the internet.

Please advise how I can correct this issue.

:)

AdXZ, Aug 7, 2020

2. Child unable to submit request for additional time

I have two child accounts setup under my family. Both were working fine until recently. I have both accounts setup so that they must send a request to me for time before they are allowed to log in. This way I know their homework and chores are completed.

One child account is able to submit the request for time. The 2nd child account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" He is connected to the internet.

We have tried the following:

• Rebooting several times
    • Logging into his Microsoft account to ensure its verified and that he is assigned to the correct device
    • Opening up the time limits so that he can log in for an hour daily

He still gets the message when he attempts to send a request. I don't understand why his account is getting this, but the other child account is working perfectly fine.

Please advise how I can correct this issue.

stabgotham, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Unable to submit request for additional time

Child unable to submit request for additional time

Hi,

There are a number of reasons why your child was getting an error while sending a request for time in Windows 10. Aside from the troubleshooting steps that you’ve performed, you can also download and run the
    Family Safety Troubleshooter. This will automatically diagnose and fix issues concerning with family safety services.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to submit request for additional time

1. Unable to submit request for additional time - Similar Threads - Unable submit request

2. How to submit time zone changes to Microsoft, and how to request a time zone update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to submit time zone changes to Microsoft, and how to request a time zone update?: On October 4th 2022 Syria has changed its time zone from UTC+2 to UTC+3, and stopped using the daylight saving system.Microsoft hasn't reflected this change in their time zone database, and there seems to be no way to submit this information to Microsoft, in order to ask for...
  3. How to submit time zone changes to Microsoft, and how to request a time zone update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to submit time zone changes to Microsoft, and how to request a time zone update?: On October 4th 2022 Syria has changed its time zone from UTC+2 to UTC+3, and stopped using the daylight saving system.Microsoft hasn't reflected this change in their time zone database, and there seems to be no way to submit this information to Microsoft, in order to ask for...
  4. How to submit time zone changes to Microsoft, and how to request a time zone update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error with sending a request for additional family time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error with sending a request for additional family time: My son's computer is seeing an issue with trying to ask for more internet time. He sees the message- [ATTACH] When he tries to send a message for more time, he sees the following; [ATTACH] He restarted the system, he's applied the most recent update. I went so far as...
  6. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....
  7. unable to submit

in Browsers and Email
    unable to submit: I filled out a form looking for some information on a particular website. When I hit the submit button nothing happens, this has been happening a lot. Anyone know how to fix it? The page just sits there. 115844
  8. unable to submit a reply

in Browsers and Email
    unable to submit a reply: sometimes on message boards that you want to join, or websites they ask you for certain information yet when I hit the submit tab nothing happens, it just sits there doing nothing. I am at a loss with Windows 10, it's been over 1 year and I still don't like it. I tried to...
  9. submitting an info request

in Windows 10 Support
    submitting an info request: I wanted to save a copy of some text messages on my phone before I purchase a new one. I downloaded something called Coo Master for a trial version only. When the program started all it looked for was deleted messages, I didn't want that I just wanted to have a copy of some...
  10. Submitting a Pull Request to Node.js with ChakraCore

in Windows 10 News
    Submitting a Pull Request to Node.js with ChakraCore: Node.js continues to be a very successful and powerful cross platform technology for building apps that can run on anything from small IoT devices to large scale services that run in the cloud. We believe allowing more Node.js developers to target more platforms is key to its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 80f81d93 request time

2. something went wromg we were unable to send your request are you

3. unable.to.send request are you connected to.the internet

4. windows unable to send your request are you connected.to the internet