Windows 10: Unable to switch back to computer audio

Discus and support Unable to switch back to computer audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; unable to switch back to the computer audio, output continues to show as headphones even after removing them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Markandeyulu, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Unable to switch back to computer audio

unable to switch back to the computer audio, output continues to show as headphones even after removing them

:)

Markandeyulu, Jun 11, 2021

2. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Unable to switch back to computer audio :) Thanks

jareinertson, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Unable to access the sound from other audio device after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for responding.

I understand your concern about switching between the default audio devices.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the audio software on your operating system.

Step 2: Install all the pending updates on your computer

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset drivers for the computer from the manufacturer’s website. You may ask the manufacturer for assistance as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Unable to switch back to computer audio

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to switch back to computer audio

1. Unable to switch back to computer audio - Similar Threads - Unable switch computer

2. Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!: Hello,Similar things have been asked, but nothing I saw seemed to be my exact problem. This is very very important and I need it fixed as soon as possible, I really hope I can get some help.The issue:Audio will not switch to bluetooth headset even after connected. Unable to...
  3. Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!: Hello,Similar things have been asked, but nothing I saw seemed to be my exact problem. This is very very important and I need it fixed as soon as possible, I really hope I can get some help.The issue:Audio will not switch to bluetooth headset even after connected. Unable to...
  4. Switch Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Back: Can I go back to Windows 10 if I don't like Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back/4259a113-b40b-4488-a036-018e41f6f3b1
  5. Switch Back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Back: Can I go back to Windows 10 if I don't like Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back/4259a113-b40b-4488-a036-018e41f6f3b1
  6. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth: I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy. If you click the sound slider thing, you can select an output device there. Mine just keeps switching between Speakers and...
  7. Switching audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching audio: On my Del PC Windows 10 I have a Logitech webcam, a Realtek headset. I will add a Logitech external speaker when I obtain an adaptor. I am trying to use a headset for webcam calls Skype, Zoom etc due to background noise in our house. This has not been successful since the...
  8. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices: Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is that I can't find a way to switch between the two. Only the Jabra earphones which were paired first work. The Sony speaker is...
  9. Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui. ***Original title: Twinui not allow to change default apps.***...
  10. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps switching back to the desktop: Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-switching-back-to-the-desktop/0ea18e0d-2035-40b6-a176-8c03967bd2bc