Windows 10: Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Discus and support Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eran Peled, May 9, 2020.

1. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is that I can't find a way to switch between the two. Only the Jabra earphones which were paired first work. The Sony speaker is paired and listed, but won't connect even hwen the earphones are off and tucked away. I'd be happy to receive any insight as to why this might happen.

:)

Eran Peled, May 9, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 9, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Hi Witold,

This issue may happen because of an incompatible or outdated Bluetooth adapter.

To resolve the issue, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

article
    . This article contains some troubleshooting steps to resolve issues with Bluetooth audio devices.

Note: Make sure to select Bluetooth audio to see the proper troubleshooting steps.

You may also refer to this
    article
    which we found helpful in resolving the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 9, 2020
  4. pheles22 Win User

Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

1. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices - Similar Threads - Unable switch between

2. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  3. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  4. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  5. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  6. Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!

Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!: Hello,Similar things have been asked, but nothing I saw seemed to be my exact problem. This is very very important and I need it fixed as soon as possible, I really hope I can get some help.The issue:Audio will not switch to bluetooth headset even after connected. Unable to...
  7. Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Unable to Switch Audio to Bluetooth Headphone!: Hello,Similar things have been asked, but nothing I saw seemed to be my exact problem. This is very very important and I need it fixed as soon as possible, I really hope I can get some help.The issue:Audio will not switch to bluetooth headset even after connected. Unable to...
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices: Can the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Part #: QSZ-00001 be paired with two devices ie my own personal PC and the work laptop the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse as a pairing/switching button underneath and can switch between 3 devices that its paired to but the keyboard does not...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices: Can the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Part #: QSZ-00001 be paired with two devices ie my own personal PC and the work laptop the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse as a pairing/switching button underneath and can switch between 3 devices that its paired to but the keyboard does not...
  10. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices: I have a Logitech BT keyboard and MX mouse, both of which are paired with two different machines. Device 1 on both the keyboard and mouse is my personal Lenovo Legion 7i. Device 3 on both is my work laptop, an HP Elitebook. When I switch the keyboard and mouse from 3 to 1 to...