Windows 10: Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode

Discus and support Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I attempt to switch out of S mode in the microsoft store I get a "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" error. I've tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Charlotte K....., Nov 24, 2018.

1. Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode

When I attempt to switch out of S mode in the microsoft store I get a "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" error. I've tried restarting my computer multiple times, clearing the store cache, getting all available windows and store updates and so on.

I also tried re-installing windows hoping it would activate in non-S mode but it didn't.

So need help plz

Computer Model: Acer Spin SP111-32N

:)

Charlotte K....., Nov 24, 2018

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode

need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode

1. Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode - Similar Threads - Unable switch mode

2. Unable to switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of S Mode: So after hours of reading the Microsoft forms, looking at online sources, and trying to call Microsoft just to talked to someone then get disconnect by them saying "We are closed. Please call back when we are open" message I have no other options. I've tried resetting the...
  3. Unable to switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to switch out of S Mode: So after hours of reading the Microsoft forms, looking at online sources, and trying to call Microsoft just to talked to someone then get disconnect by them saying "We are closed. Please call back when we are open" message I have no other options. I've tried resetting the...
  4. Unable to switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to switch out of S mode: Hi, I am a student teacher and I bought a Windows 10 HP laptop and it is in S mode. I followed all the necessary steps by going to settings>activation however after that it is not the same for me. All it shows is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in S mode not Switch out to S...
  5. unable to switch out of s mode

unable to switch out of s mode: hi i have been trying all day long to switch my laptop out of s mode but it wont work, it keeps saying theres a problem at our end try again later but i keep trying and nothing works, i have resterted my laptop several times but nothing please can someone help its really...
  6. Unable to Switch Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Switch Out of S Mode: Hi, I have tried everything that's available on the internet but still I am unable to switch out of S Mode in my windows 10. The only option I get is upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by paying 160 USD. My laptop comes with a pre installed windows 10 home with S mode and activation...
  7. Unable to switch out of s mode

Unable to switch out of s mode: I can not download anything on my home laptop. The microsoft store pops up and says to switch out of s mode but the get button os grayed out and says I must contact my IT administrator but this is my home computer. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps such as...
  8. Unable to Switch Out of S Mode

Unable to Switch Out of S Mode: Unable to switch out of Windows 10 in S Mode. Selecting the get box brings up a window that says "Try That Again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." Windows and Microsoft Store App has been updated. Performing a full reset did not fix the problem....
  9. Unable to switch out of s mode

Unable to switch out of s mode: I have been trying for a few months now since getting a new laptop, at first there was supposedly I worldwide problem switching out of s mode so left it a week or so and have been trying to switch out around once a week through the app store since then. It will say "Working...
  10. Unable to Switch out of S mode

Unable to Switch out of S mode: I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my pc and was put into windows S mode because of not having a windows key at the time. But when I went to the Microsoft store and go to pressed the "get it " button to move out of safe mode it says "working on it" and nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to switch out of s mode

2. you are unable to switch out of s mode

3. unable to switch out of s mode windows 10

4. you are unable to switch out of s mode fix,
  5. unable to get out of s mode,
  6. unable to switch out of windows 10 s mode,
  7. unable to switch out s mode,
  8. cant switch out of s mode fix,
  9. unable switch to windows s,
  10. unable to switch out from s mode,
  11. unable switch out of s mode,