Windows 10: Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings.

Discus and support Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey as mentioned in the subject i was able to do this before the latest windows update the user appeared in the logon screen and the start menu when I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lorith Karthikeyan, May 31, 2021.

1. Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings.

Hey as mentioned in the subject i was able to do this before the latest windows update the user appeared in the logon screen and the start menu when I clicked on my profile picture. Now when I restart my pc and i cannot see the user i created in the pc using settings and it also does not appear in the start menu the switch user option. I have tried various solutions and nothing works please help. The user i created still appears on the settings in family and other users but not on the login screen so i cannot us the account. I have tried deleting and creating new user with and without micros

:)

Lorith Karthikeyan, May 31, 2021

2. Cannot create Microsoft Account.

Hi Ranjith,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you trying to create a new Microsoft Account but unable to?

2. Are you trying to convert/change the local account into a Microsoft Account?

3. If you are unable to create a Microsoft Account, can you provide the error message that you are receiving while creating the account?

If you are trying to convert/change your local account into a Microsoft Account, follow the steps below

How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Also refer to the article, Create a user account provided in the link below

Create a user account in Windows

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 31, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 31, 2021
  4. barkerend Win User

Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings.

Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

I don’t know if this addition to my original thread will push it to the top of the queue. I have tried again by pasting netplwiz into the Run box as suggested by marshian. Yesterday I managed to create another User Account which although described as an Administrator Account indicates ‘This app can’t open’ for every single item. Can anybody please suggest how I can change this situation? Today I did the same thing again but find that I CAN open the various programs on that Account – although the Account is listed under a Users Group not Administrators Users.
    There is also a Guest Account listed but as yet I haven’t been able to get into that since it does not appear for the next Log On when I click my Log Off or Switch Users shortcuts.
    I will be grateful for any advice, Thanks ........

barkerend, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings.

1. Unable to switch to the user i created using Microsoft account in my settings. - Similar Threads - Unable switch user

2. Windows 11. Unable to switch Local User to Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. Unable to switch Local User to Microsoft Account.: Windows 11. I'm unable to switch Local User to Microsoft Account. I don't have this issue before. Settings > Accounts > Account settings > Local Account Windows is better when settings and files automatically sync >>> Sign in with a Microsoft account insteadSign in with a...
  3. Unable to create account in settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create account in settings: Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?...
  4. Unable to create account in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in settings: Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?...
  5. Unable to create account in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  7. Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account: When I signed in today, it comes up with a new format, as if I'm a new Windows 10 customer. All my settings and file access is not available. All of my data is there under the User folder with my name, so, I know I haven't lost anything. The sign-on screen shows my first and...
  8. Unable to creat user account

Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  9. Unable to switch to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to switch to Microsoft Account: Hello all, Im having an odd issue here. I noticed that under account settings, it told me that I needed to verify my identity for the Microsoft Account I was using. Thinking "Okay, thats odd. I thought I did that already, but no big deal Ill do it again." I clicked on...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808