Windows 10: unable to switch users

Discus and support unable to switch users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After latest MS update I only see my son as a user/admin. I can no longer find my wife as a user/admin. Have tried ctr/alt/delete.... start menu... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ryderports, Oct 22, 2020.

1. unable to switch users

After latest MS update I only see my son as a user/admin. I can no longer find my wife as a user/admin. Have tried ctr/alt/delete.... start menu pic...

Am not able to do system recovery as no recovery point has been set up. How do I get back my wife as a user and all of her files?

Thank you

:)

Ryderports, Oct 22, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. unable to switch users :) Thanks

jareinertson, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

unable to switch users

Unable to switch between users

Hello,

Do provide us additional information to assist you better:

1)What is the make and model of the computer?

2)Are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 or installing Windows Updates on Windows 10?

3)Does this issue confined to any specific user account while trying to switch between them?

4)Were you able to see any error message with this issue?

5)Have you installed all pending updates on the system?

Try the below workarounds to identify the issue and check if it helps.

Method 1: Switch User from Start Menu

• Open the Start menu, click on your user name.

• Click on the user account click on the user account.

• You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen of the selected account

After performing the above steps check if your able to sign in or is it still taking you to blank white screen.

Method 2: Switch User from Ctrl+Alt+Del Screen.

1. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys, and click on Switch user.

2. You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

After performing the above steps check if your able to sign in or is it still taking you to blank white screen.

Method 3:Update display drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

3. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

4. Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.

5. Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Further, if the issue persists, try updating the display driver from the manufacturer’s website. Go to the Computer or Graphics Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then
    install it and then check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

unable to switch users

1. unable to switch users - Similar Threads - unable switch users

2. I am unable to switch users.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to switch users.: I have created 2 users in my laptopWindows 10, it even shows in settings that I have 2 accounts but I am not able to switch between them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-switch-users/5252ab6e-67f5-47ee-89e3-74d48f169ad0
  3. Unable to switch users

Unable to switch users: I am unable to switch users on my PC. In the start menu and lock screen, no other accounts appear to switch to. Using Ctrl-Alt-Delete -> Switch User, or Alt+F4 -> Switch User, just returns me to the sign-in screen for my account with no other users available. In Settings ->...
  4. Unable to switch users anyway

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to switch users anyway: Recently I added a user from my existing user on the PC, in the Settings it shows that there exists a user but while going to Start<My Account Icon, I get only three options namelyChange account settings, Lock, Sign Out. Even after Shutdown its not showing me any options. I...
  5. Switching User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switching User: When I CTRL+ALT+DEL to switch users, the screen goes blank; nothing happens. I must reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-user/05489d44-2c5e-4cbc-a03a-9f833829fabe
  6. Unable to switch users

Unable to switch users: Hello, I am having an issue with switching between accounts on my PC. The accounts have disappeared from login in screen, besides my own, and are not present in the start screen when trying to use the account switch function there either. When I go into user settings the...
  7. Switching users

Switching users: I can't change usersctrl + alt + del, winkey + Start menu not working, but I can add new local users. Only last logged user is shown on windows login and switch user screen. I tried https://youtu.be/5qobIM7rvJM didn't work. What could it be?...
  8. Windows 10 PRO unable to switch users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PRO unable to switch users: I haven't been able to find any suitable fix for this on line, so hopefully someone can help out. On my PC I have my admin account, and three other family user accounts. All options to switch user were working until a few days ago, but have now disappeared, so we are unable...
  9. Unable to find the Switch user option in login page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to find the Switch user option in login page: Hello Team, I am unable to find Switch user option in login page it just shows 2 profiles( User and Administrator ) we are able to login to the machine using User credential but unable to choose Switch user tried registry settings added to the domain but still same issue,...
  10. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...