Windows 10: Unable to swithc out of S Mode

Discus and support Unable to swithc out of S Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I got a new Surface and would like to switch out of S Mode, but have not had any luck. When I click "Install" the button goes grey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by psudomatic, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Unable to swithc out of S Mode

Hello,

Yesterday I got a new Surface and would like to switch out of S Mode, but have not had any luck. When I click "Install" the button goes grey for a moment and then is replaced with "Try Again" and the only message is "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade."

I have searched around and tried just about every suggestion, but none of them have helped.

Thanks

:)

psudomatic, Aug 17, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Unable to swithc out of S Mode

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to swithc out of S Mode

1. Unable to swithc out of S Mode - Similar Threads - Unable swithc Mode

2. Unable to switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of S Mode: So after hours of reading the Microsoft forms, looking at online sources, and trying to call Microsoft just to talked to someone then get disconnect by them saying "We are closed. Please call back when we are open" message I have no other options. I've tried resetting the...
  3. Unable to switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to switch out of S Mode: So after hours of reading the Microsoft forms, looking at online sources, and trying to call Microsoft just to talked to someone then get disconnect by them saying "We are closed. Please call back when we are open" message I have no other options. I've tried resetting the...
  4. Unable to switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to switch out of S mode: Hi, I am a student teacher and I bought a Windows 10 HP laptop and it is in S mode. I followed all the necessary steps by going to settings>activation however after that it is not the same for me. All it shows is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in S mode not Switch out to S...
  5. unable to switch out of s mode

unable to switch out of s mode: hi i have been trying all day long to switch my laptop out of s mode but it wont work, it keeps saying theres a problem at our end try again later but i keep trying and nothing works, i have resterted my laptop several times but nothing please can someone help its really...
  6. Unable to Switch Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Switch Out of S Mode: Hi, I have tried everything that's available on the internet but still I am unable to switch out of S Mode in my windows 10. The only option I get is upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by paying 160 USD. My laptop comes with a pre installed windows 10 home with S mode and activation...
  7. Unable to switch out of s mode

Unable to switch out of s mode: I can not download anything on my home laptop. The microsoft store pops up and says to switch out of s mode but the get button os grayed out and says I must contact my IT administrator but this is my home computer. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps such as...
  8. Unable to Switch Out of S Mode

Unable to Switch Out of S Mode: Unable to switch out of Windows 10 in S Mode. Selecting the get box brings up a window that says "Try That Again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." Windows and Microsoft Store App has been updated. Performing a full reset did not fix the problem....
  9. Unable to switch out of s mode

Unable to switch out of s mode: I have been trying for a few months now since getting a new laptop, at first there was supposedly I worldwide problem switching out of s mode so left it a week or so and have been trying to switch out around once a week through the app store since then. It will say "Working...
  10. Unable to Switch out of S mode

Unable to Switch out of S mode: I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my pc and was put into windows S mode because of not having a windows key at the time. But when I went to the Microsoft store and go to pressed the "get it " button to move out of safe mode it says "working on it" and nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the Get button greyed out when switching out of s mode

2. just a moment switching out of s mode

3. unable to swithc out of s mode

4. unable to switch out of s mode,
  5. i am unable to switch out of s mode,
  6. why does it say i am unable to witch out of s mode in mmy virsion of microsoft,
  7. switching out of s mode in windows 10 unable