Windows 10: Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface

Discus and support Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalebWoodall, May 1, 2019.

1. Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface

Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password, and get a box asking which folder I'd like my files to save to. I select the original folder, it tells me that files are already present and they'll have to merge, and I say do it anyway.

This brings a white screen that just says "loading..." with the blue rotating circle. It persists for hours..so I'm not sure it's an issue with merging files in my onedrive. I tried saving to a dummy folder and got the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

***Original title: onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017***

:)

CalebWoodall, May 1, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface

1. Unable to sync files from OneDrive on Surface - Similar Threads - Unable sync files

2. Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.: I daily sync my one drive. My desktop also synces with it. I am a Minecraft texture pack creator. I created an assets file to make a texture pack on my desktop. When I wanted to delete it, I couldn't. It says I need permission from ASUS/ASUS to make changes to this file. Then...
  3. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  4. Unable to sync my onedrive folder

Unable to sync my onedrive folder: My Onedrive folder seems to have stopped syncing. I tried to unlink my account and link it back again after searching on the internet, but it seems to always be linked. ie i cant unlink my account. However, when I click on the onedrive icon on the taskbar, it asks me to...
  5. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,: Hello Team, I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether. I have onedrive version 20.124.0621.0006. Now when I try the "exe" an error comes up "windows cannot find the exe". The exe...
  6. Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive

Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive: I have a program that requires local files to be stored in the MyDocuments folder of Windows 10. That folder happens to be located in OneDrive and I don't want that folder to sync. When it does try to sync it can't merge changes with the existing folder and it creates a copy...
  7. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  8. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  9. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  10. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...