Windows 10: Unable to sync time.

Discus and support Unable to sync time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ive been trying to sync my time for a couple of days now and my issue is that i have no access to anything related to w32time. Everything is greyed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hooanr, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Hooanr Win User

Unable to sync time.

Ive been trying to sync my time for a couple of days now and my issue is that i have no access to anything related to w32time. Everything is greyed out in services.msc, i try to start it in the task manager and i get the error message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." I even tried to unregister and register w32tm in an elevated command prompt and got the error code 0x80070005. Ive tried everything and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

issues:

Unable to sync time. 7ef4d720-a1a0-42a4-829e-4d53760ac51f?upload=true.png

Unable to sync time. 55e388f8-766d-4d20-85f3-363ca3b0c3fa?upload=true.png

Unable to sync time. f486c95b-3439-43df-804c-b3422568d315?upload=true.png

:)

Hooanr, Nov 24, 2020

2. Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Nov 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 24, 2020
  4. johnymm Win User

Unable to sync time.

Unable to synchronize time on new Windows 10 machine

I just got a new Dell XPS 15 which runs Windows 10, and I seem unable to synchronize the time with the time servers. I've tried multiple solutions that I've found online, such as restarting Windows Time Service, switching to a different time server, disabling the firewall, etc. and nothing works. Windows cannot connect to the server and the connection times out.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: I've tried the solutions posted in this question, but they didn't work for me. They're essentially what I listed above.

johnymm, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sync time.

1. Unable to sync time. - Similar Threads - Unable sync

2. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  3. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  4. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  6. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  7. Unable to Sync Time with Internet Time: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sync Time with Internet Time: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit: As the title suggests, ive been having trouble syncing my new laptops time with the internet time, this problem existed when I initialised the system the first time, which i managed to fix once, and when I had to reinstall the OS onto a new SSD, the fresh install caused the...
  8. Unable to Sync Time with Internet Time: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit

Unable to Sync Time with Internet Time: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit: As the title suggests, ive been having trouble syncing my new laptops time with the internet time, this problem existed when I initialised the system the first time, which i managed to fix once, and when I had to reinstall the OS onto a new SSD, the fresh install caused the...
  9. Unable to defrag drive with sharepoint sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to defrag drive with sharepoint sync: Runing Win 10 Pro 2H22.My Drive E is sync with data from SharePoint using OneDrive app. However, after the sync, the drive seems "locked" and it is always 20% defragmented. Defrag was working well before the sync. I tried booting in safe mode or even stop running the OneDrive...
  10. Unable to defrag drive with sharepoint sync

Unable to defrag drive with sharepoint sync: Runing Win 10 Pro 2H22.My Drive E is sync with data from SharePoint using OneDrive app. However, after the sync, the drive seems "locked" and it is always 20% defragmented. Defrag was working well before the sync. I tried booting in safe mode or even stop running the OneDrive...