Windows 10: Unable to synchronize time on one workstation

Discus and support Unable to synchronize time on one workstation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Our office has windows 10 workstations on an Active Directory domain. All workstations are able to synchronize time with the AD Server except one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkF1955, Oct 3, 2020.

1. MarkF1955 Win User

Unable to synchronize time on one workstation

Our office has windows 10 workstations on an Active Directory domain. All workstations are able to synchronize time with the AD Server except one. Whenever I try to 'Sync Now' in the time settings on that workstation I get "Time Synchronization failed". The AD Group policy is set to:

"Time Source GP", righ-Click → Edit → Computer Configuration → Policies → Administrative Templates → System → Windows Time Service → Time Providers entry, double-click Configure Windows NTP Client, FDQN = mail.hprs.local, enable

I've tried setting the 'Windows Time' service to automatic.

I've tried:

w32tm /debug /disable
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

And I've tried:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:mail,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL

w32tm /config /update

w32tm /query /source

The above is what we used on the Windows7 workstations, including this one before upgrading. On this workstations, despite the first two of the above commands returning "success", the /query one returns "Local CMOS Clock". For the other workstations, the Date & Time settings show "mail" as the Time Server.

I have even changed the CMOS battery. I'm out of ideas!

:)

MarkF1955, Oct 3, 2020
  2. johnymm Win User

Unable to synchronize time on new Windows 10 machine

I just got a new Dell XPS 15 which runs Windows 10, and I seem unable to synchronize the time with the time servers. I've tried multiple solutions that I've found online, such as restarting Windows Time Service, switching to a different time server, disabling the firewall, etc. and nothing works. Windows cannot connect to the server and the connection times out.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: I've tried the solutions posted in this question, but they didn't work for me. They're essentially what I listed above.

johnymm, Oct 3, 2020
  3. BobP3UX Win User
    Time Synchronization Task Scheduler Windows 10

Hi Kern

Tried all the steps you suggested but time is still not synchronizing with internet time via the normal GUI settings and running SynchronizeTime from Windows Task Scheduler returns code 2147943479.

What next?

Thanks,

Bob

BobP3UX, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Unable to synchronize time on one workstation

Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to synchronize time on one workstation

1. Unable to synchronize time on one workstation - Similar Threads - Unable synchronize workstation

2. Time can't synchronize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time can't synchronize: Hi,No matter what I do, I can't synchronize my windows clock to any time server. Tried a few different ones already and no success. Also tried a dozen tutorials over the internet on w32time and so on, and also no success.In general, I wouldn't mind, but web apps on Edge keep...
  3. Time Auto Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Auto Synchronization: Even though I enabled automatically synchronization, and the time zone was set correctly, every time I boot up my computer, it always shows UTC time. Any idea why windows does not synchronize the time automatically when system is booted....
  4. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  5. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  6. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  8. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  9. Time won't synchronize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time won't synchronize: My system time doesn't automatically sync anymore. Things to note: My BIOS time is set correctly Option to set time automatically is enabled. Option to automatically set time zone is enabled and it is set to the right zone. Choosing to "sync now" in time and date settings...
  10. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Synchronization Failed: Hi.. I'm having problem with the time setting. The time zone is already correct UTC+7 but the time is not correct even though I set time automatically. When I try to synchronize my clock, it always fails. I wonder what's wrong with my laptop. Could anybody help me please?...