Windows 10: Unable to take caps off at login screen only

Discus and support Unable to take caps off at login screen only in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This issue only happens on the login screen after booting up. Dell Inspiron 1525, windows 10 with all the latest updates. The letters are all in caps... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TMcK1, May 11, 2019.

1. TMcK1 Win User

Unable to take caps off at login screen only

This issue only happens on the login screen after booting up. Dell Inspiron 1525, windows 10 with all the latest updates.

The letters are all in caps and instead of numbers its the cap equivalent, i.e. ! instead of 1. The caps lock is NOT on. If I sign out and log in to the other account on the laptop there is no issue on the login page. I've uninstalled the keyboard driver in the device manager then rebooted, same issue. Searched for a solution but can't find one.

Please advise.

Thank you,

tmck1

:)

TMcK1, May 11, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 11, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to take caps off at login screen only - Similar Threads - Unable caps off

2. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  3. Caps Lock on/off indicator on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock on/off indicator on screen: [ATTACH] I'm using G513 right now and there is no Num Lock/Scroll Lock indicator on this keyboard. Instead, when I use these buttons, there is a pop up on top right but not for the caps lock. There is caps lock indicator on the keyboard but I can't see it unless I look...
  4. How do I take off the notification of the caps lock off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take off the notification of the caps lock off?: [ATTACH] I'd like to know!!! Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-off-the-notification-of-the-caps/6fbba37f-602e-44ab-936e-0ab36208cb65
  5. Caps Lock on or off

Caps Lock on or off: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON TO SHOW ON MY SCREEN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-on-or-off/14a27d83-dcd2-441a-8faa-0466a118aa26
  6. Caps on or off indicator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps on or off indicator: Dear Team, How can i add caps on or off sign in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-on-or-off-indicator/f78e1ff5-add5-40ee-85aa-57f90111e8f6
  7. Unable to take caps off at login screen only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to take caps off at login screen only: This issue only happens on the login screen after booting up. Dell Inspiron 1525, windows 10 with all the latest updates. The letters are all in caps and instead of numbers its the cap equivalent, i.e. ! instead of 1. The caps lock is NOT on. If I sign out and log in to...
  8. Caps Lock on/off message on screen

Caps Lock on/off message on screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because of a new PC purchase. Now I cannot see when I turn on/off Caps Lock. There is a slight beep but this does not work for me. I need to reactivate the caps lock/num lock message on screen. I attempted some of the answers in the...
  9. Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.

Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.: So for whatever reason, my caps lock can only be turned on and off while I'm pressing the shift (or ctrl) key along with the caps lock key. If someone could help me figure out how to make it so I can turn caps lock on and off just by pressing the caps lock key without needing...
  10. Caps lock ON - OFF notification in screen

Caps lock ON - OFF notification in screen: Dear Team, Please guide me how to on notification for CAPS LOCK ON - OFF which can be displayed in screen. Regards, Praveen 9962051877...