Windows 10: Unable to take control of files from system on laptop

Discus and support Unable to take control of files from system on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I have been trying to end the antimalware service executable task, but I am denied access even though I am running as administrator. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DylarRice, May 15, 2022.

1. DylarRice Win User

Unable to take control of files from system on laptop

Recently I have been trying to end the antimalware service executable task, but I am denied access even though I am running as administrator. I referred to the thread linked below to try and fix the issue, but I am unable to change the permissions or add users. I consulted my friends about this and none of them knew what was going on or how to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-you-required-permission-from-system-to-make/5c16c17f-63b3-48bc-be2b-ea97c337cdb6

:)

DylarRice, May 15, 2022

2. Unable to access Start menu, Control Panel with File System Error: 1073740940 on Windows 10

Hi Walbert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are facing issues with accessing system applications like Start menu, Control Panel, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message or error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the below commands

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside
      Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

• sfc /scannow

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.

Method 2: I suggest you to check if there are any pending updates on your device and try to install them.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2022
  3. File system error (-1073741521)

For us to make sure where does issue is coming from, we suggest that you create a new user on your computer. Make it as an administrator account. If the issue persists on the new user account, we suggest that you run a system restore by following the steps
    below:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type in Recovery.
    • Select Recovery.
    • Select Open System Restore and click on Next.
    • Choose the restore point when your computer is on a good known state.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, May 15, 2022
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to take control of files from system on laptop - Similar Threads - Unable control files

2. Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.: Hello,I am using a program to connect to the vehicle's engine. Due to an error in the program, I need to uninstall and reinstall it. However, I was unable to remove a specific application within the program, as shown in the provided screenshot. I have already tried...
  3. Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.: Hello,I am using a program to connect to the vehicle's engine. Due to an error in the program, I need to uninstall and reinstall it. However, I was unable to remove a specific application within the program, as shown in the provided screenshot. I have already tried...
  4. Unable to uninstall the file from the control panel.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. onn mouse will turn on but doesn't want to take control from the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onn mouse will turn on but doesn't want to take control from the laptop: I have a gateway laptop and I've been using a onn wireless mouse for it as soon as i got it, it works great but it's giving me trouble by not wanting to connect to the laptop, I've resetted my laptop, try to reconnect the mouse, switch the USB drive, even tried switching...
  6. onn mouse will turn on but doesn't want to take control from the laptop

onn mouse will turn on but doesn't want to take control from the laptop: I have a gateway laptop and I've been using a onn wireless mouse for it as soon as i got it, it works great but it's giving me trouble by not wanting to connect to the laptop, I've resetted my laptop, try to reconnect the mouse, switch the USB drive, even tried switching...
  7. onn mouse will turn on but doesn't want to take control from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to take control of files from system on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to take control of files from system on laptop: Recently I have been trying to end the antimalware service executable task, but I am denied access even though I am running as administrator. I referred to the thread linked below to try and fix the issue, but I am unable to change the permissions or add users. I consulted my...
  9. Unable to take control of files from system on laptop

Unable to take control of files from system on laptop: Recently I have been trying to end the antimalware service executable task, but I am denied access even though I am running as administrator. I referred to the thread linked below to try and fix the issue, but I am unable to change the permissions or add users. I consulted my...
  10. cortana taking controll of my laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana taking controll of my laptop: Cortana opens internet browser pages up to 15 or more. Closes programs I'm trying to use. Plays sounds, voices and other problem things. Making it almost impossible to use the laptop....