Windows 10: Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed

Discus and support Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] At times, you may find that you are not able to kill a particular process using the Windows Task Manager, and when you try to do so, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed

WinClub, Aug 15, 2018
  2. drama90210 Win User

Unable to terminate process when not responding

I was running a Photoshop app on my PC, and the program completely froze, so I tried to end the process, but apparently I keep getting this "Unable to terminate process: access is denied". But I'm a administrator. I HAD to restart the entire PC, luckily
    I saved my work before this happened.

drama90210, Aug 15, 2018
  3. PaulTaylor_950 Win User
    Unable to terminate process - access is denied

so recently I uninstalled steam for troubleshooting reasons on control panel and when I went back to install it , it said that it is still running so I went into task manager > processes steam client wasn't there then I went to task manager > Details. I
    saw steam.exe and right clicked and pressed "end task" and "end process tree" the outcome is ...

"Unable to terminate process - access is denied"

how do I fix this please help!!!!

PaulTaylor_950, Aug 15, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed - Similar Threads - Unable terminate process

2. Windows 10 could not complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 could not complete updates: Hi I'm getting this message after it has restarted - "Windows 10 could not complete updates", Update I'm installing: July 24, 2018—KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) I have installed the standalone package also, but it didnt work. Everytime, windows would say restart to...
  3. How to fix error 0x00000709 – operation could not be completed

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to fix error 0x00000709 – operation could not be completed: Quick Jump Causes of error 0x00000709 How to fix the error Method 1: Using the ‘Devices and Printers’ settings Method 2: Modification of Registry settings Method 3: Using third-party application software Final Word Sometimes, when trying to set up a newly added printer as the...
  4. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709)

in Windows 10 Support
    Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709): Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure the printer is connected to the network. Hi I've noticed this issue on multiple machines running windows 10, with a brother QL-570 printer installed to print labels. At first...
  5. There is not enough resources to complete this operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is not enough resources to complete this operation: I have a new laptop and I am getting a notice that "there is not enough resources to complete this operation" whe I click an .exe fie to install and then Windows deletes the file. I have Windows 10 home edition. Where does it go? Its not in my trash. I thought it could be...
  6. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied: I have a main server runing Windows Server 2012 R2 and a client compter with Windows 10 Pro on my Network. The client computer was printing fine from HP Laserjet 4015 on the domain controller but later there wasan hitch in printing from the network printer. I removed the...
  7. Unable to process FAT32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to process FAT32: Hi, My laptop is running windows 10.0.16299.248 and suddenly it is unable to read FAT32 partitions. Plugging in a USB flash drive formatted with FAT32 file system, the system will complain of it needs to be formatted. Creating a FAT32 partition in the laptop hard...
  8. Unable to complete installation

Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....
  9. Windows could not complete the installation

Windows could not complete the installation: I am reformatting a Acer One 10 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10 Home 32-bit, and after the first reboot (after copying files and such) Windows fails to continue the installation with this error Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer...
  10. Processes with elevation terminated randomly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Processes with elevation terminated randomly?: Lately, I've been experiencing a weird and new problem: Programs I run with elevation (i.e. as Administrator) have been randomly terminated. I'm not sure why this is happening. Is this a new Windows 10 security feature? Examples: I run Process Hacker with elevation to...