Windows 10: unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update

Discus and support unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since recent MS update to Windows 10 I have been unable to download photos from digital camera to computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by old5andimer, May 2, 2019.

1. unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update

Since recent MS update to Windows 10 I have been unable to download photos from digital camera to computer.

:)

old5andimer, May 2, 2019

2. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

Hi,

If you have a USB cable supplied with the camera, I would suggest you to use that.

Just plug in and choose Import photos when prompted.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/transfer-...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 2, 2019
  3. windows 10 and picture download Unable to transfer pictures on system through Camera or printer

Hello Robin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are unable to import photos from camera or through your printer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please provide us additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Is the camera recognized by the computer?
    • How are you transferring the photos to the computer?
    • What is the specific location on the computer, where the folder is being created?
    • Have you logged in as administrator user?

This issue normally occurs due to faulty connection of the device to the computer or if you are saving the picture to default location of the computer, the pictures folder in library is not accepting the photos that should be added and needs to be repaired.

Method 1: I would fist suggest you to check the connection of the Digital Camera to the computer, make sure it is firmly connected.

Method 2: You can import photos and videos without leaving the Photos app.

1. Connect a camera or memory card to your PC.

2. In the Photos app, swipe up from the bottom edge or down from the top edge, then tap Import. (If you're using a mouse, right-click anywhere in the Photos app, then click Import.)

Note: Import isn't available if you're looking at a single picture in full screen view.

3. Tap or click the camera or memory card you want to import from.

4. Swipe down on or right-click each photo or video you want to import to select it.

Note: If you’ve already imported some photos from this camera or card, the ones you haven’t imported yet will be selected by default.

5. Enter a name for the folder you want to put the files in and tap or click Import.

6. When your files are finished importing, tap or click Open folder to see them in the Photos app.

Reference: Photos: Frequently asked questions

Method 3: I would suggest you to perform all the steps mentioned in the article.

What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Note: Hold good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 2, 2019
  4. msgbdm Win User

unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update

Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, May 2, 2019
Thema:

unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update

1. unable to transfer digital photos from camera to computer since recent system 10 update - Similar Threads - unable transfer digital

2. Transferring digital photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring digital photos: My new digital camera has an HDMI output instead of USB. Fine fir viewing on a monitor but I want to transfer pictures to my laptop. Has this now been made impossible as HDMI doesn't do data transfer? Is the only option taking out the SD card every time, which is a real pain....
  3. Transferring digital photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring digital photos: My new digital camera has an HDMI output instead of USB. Fine fir viewing on a monitor but I want to transfer pictures to my laptop. Has this now been made impossible as HDMI doesn't do data transfer? Is the only option taking out the SD card every time, which is a real pain....
  4. Microsoft disconnected feature that automatically transferred photos from my digital camera...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft disconnected feature that automatically transferred photos from my digital camera...: September 16, 2020 2:21 PM EST 1 The following is brief summary of the problem with which I need assistance to correct. 2 Up until a few days ago, whenever I plugged my Canon Delf – 360 HS digital camera’s wire into my HP PC’s USB port, the pictures on its flash card...
  5. Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates: When I attempt to view a photo, sometimes it opens normally. Other times, it will open to a blank white screen. If I close the blank screen and try to open it again, it will take an extended time to open. Once it opens, everything works normal. I tried to repair, reset,...
  6. Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.: Kodak EasyShare - I have used this app to transfer photos from my Kodak DX6490 to my PC for many years. It has been working on WIN10. In the past few weeks I am no longer able to transfer photos. I have deleted and reinstalled the software. MS Tech support had me upload the...
  7. Since recent updates I have not been able to download photos from my digital camera to my PC.

Since recent updates I have not been able to download photos from my digital camera to my PC.: Please explain as simply as possible, step by step, what I have to do to be able to download my photos when my PC no longer recognises that my camera is connected to a USB port. This is an urgent requirement. I am fed up with trying to do it by means of "help" or "support"...
  8. importing photos from a digital camera

importing photos from a digital camera: Microsoft and Windows 10 are ****. Importing photos used to be straightforward but updated Windows 10 has made this once simple operation so complicated that I've given up. This stupid updating that changes everything is not wanted or desired, so bloody well leave it alone....
  9. how do I transfer photos from camera to computer

how do I transfer photos from camera to computer: how do I transfer photos from camera to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-from-camera-to-computer/0ba02c6e-c4ce-4e47-ad48-d0f4143d65d5
  10. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

transferring photos from digital camera to laptop: unfamiliar with transferring - have a 8 yr old gateway laptop and i believe i have a slot in left front to insert a memory card or do i need a usb cable to transfer and do i need a cd rom to accomplish this thanks for any assistance...