Windows 10: Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :

Discus and support Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! : in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help me! I am attempting to transfer documents from my Win 7 laptop to my new Win 10 Pro and there is no "Homegroup" for easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dorothy222, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :

I'm hoping someone can help me! I am attempting to transfer documents from my Win 7 laptop to my new Win 10 Pro and there is no "Homegroup" for easy transfers like there is in Win 7! Surely Microsoft would not have forgotten such an important feature! Windows 7 was soooo much easier to use and so simple to transfer documents from one computer to the other - I'm not impressed with Win 10 at all! When I do a search, It does show the other laptop on the network, but even though I have sharing for all network users, it is asking me for a user name and password for the Network Credentials, which I thought must be the Homegroup name and password, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Dorothy222, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Shortjim Win User

Easy transfer 7 pro to Win 10

I saves a file with Easy Transfer in Win Pro 7 64 bit and now have Win 10.

How can I open this backup file from Easy Transfer?

Shortjim, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10

can I use easy transfer in win 7 using an external hard drive and then transfer the files to a new laptop with win 10 installed. If so ,how--details please. Just want transfer personal files, documents, favorites, pictures ,etc.

JosephRitter/mudd, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :

Downgrade from Win 10 to Win 7

Thank you Alan

This is helpful.

• I previously purchased Win 7 Pro on my last laptop
      • Am disappointed Win 10 Pro was not offered with my new laptop
      • Am I able to use my Win 7 Pro license?

Do you have any comments about my other two points in my original questions?

• the Toshiba Dynadock which does not fully work with Windows 10
    • my Microsoft Wedge wireless keyboard just cannot be recognized by Windows 10.
    • Will Office 365 work satisfactorily with Win 7 Pro?
    Many thanks again

Regards

Joseph

JosephD'Souza, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! :

1. Unable to transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro - nothing seems to work! : - Similar Threads - Unable transfer files

2. Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7: Failed to format disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-win-10-from-win-7/4772e720-c6b4-4a5f-9e9c-d5f1baa7c605
  3. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  4. Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro: I am pretty sure more than one person had this trouble. Let's make this "real". I am considering switching to Windows 10 last ... spring. So I walked into the store, and I bought a copy of Windows 10 Professional, physical disk attached with license and activation code....
  5. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  6. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  7. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  8. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  9. Copy a VHD file from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Copy a VHD file from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro?: I have a licensed copy of XP running in XP Mode on a Win 7 Pro machine. I have seen instructions on the net for getting Hyper V up and running where I can create a new XP Mode VHD file, but, I would like to copy my own file from my Win 7 Pro machine (because it contains the...
  10. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819