Windows 10: Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

Discus and support Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My HP laptop is unable to modify or transfer files from external hard drives. It says i need permission to access the folders so i changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fineby_me, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

My HP laptop is unable to modify or transfer files from external hard drives. It says i need permission to access the folders so i changed the ownership and reset the permissions of the files and it still didn't work. I also tried formatting the hard drives but it didn't work. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/fineby_me
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fineby_me, Jul 14, 2020

2. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM MAIN DRIVE TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE . HOW?

TRANSFERRING FILES FROM MAIN DRIVE TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE . HOW?

MY MAIN DRIVE HAS BECOME DANGEROUSLY NEAR CAPACITY. HOW CAN II TRANSFER TO MY EXTERNAL ACCOMDATA HARD DRIVE 1T.

Anaconda158, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 14, 2020
  4. PeteJUJ Win User

Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

Transfering files from external hard drive

I want to transfer my files from my external hard drive (My Passport) to my new computer with Windows 10 on it.

PeteJUJ, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

1. Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives - Similar Threads - Unable transfer files

2. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  3. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  4. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  6. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  7. Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required

Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required: I transferred files onto an external hard drive from a work computer before being given a new computer. The old computer was a Dell running Windows 10, and the new computer is also a Dell running Windows 10. The hard drive is formatted with the exFAT file system. When I try...
  8. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  9. Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive: Not sure if this is the right place, but dk where else to ask. I got a new external hard-drive and I'm trying to transfer the stuff from my old one, but having a very difficult time. I tried googling my problem and saw others with a similar problem, and apparently there's an...
  10. unable to transfer files to my external hard drive

unable to transfer files to my external hard drive: Hi, i have a toshiba canvio basics 1tb external hard drive and i have problems in transferring files from my pc to it. It's format is exfat. When i transfer files, it always freezes in 0% copying. When I tried to transfer files from hdd to pc, it work okay. I don't know...