Windows 10: Unable to transfer large files to usb drive

Discus and support Unable to transfer large files to usb drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than enough space, and how to fix it? The format is already showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tanuj Bagla, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Unable to transfer large files to usb drive

Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than enough space, and how to fix it? The format is already showing ntfs.

:)

Tanuj Bagla, Jun 23, 2024

2. Unable to transfer files from USB drive to PC

my pc does not work properly with the usb drives. when i try to copy a file from usb to pc then the usb drive shows automaticaly removed and disconnect with pc. i m unable to transfer files from usb to pc. it does'nt complete the file transfr opration. please
    suggest me to solve this issue.

Moved from Insider

Original title: file transfer

OS not specified

JITU MEENA, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Jessen P Win User
    USB Drive 64gb can't transfer a 10gb file.

Hi,

Please answer the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you try transferring the same file to another USB drive and check if the error persists?
    • Did you try to transfer another file of the same size to the USB drive?
    FAT32 file system does not support that large size of file transfer. As you rightly mentioned you have to convert the file system to NTFS for such huge file transfers to take place.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Steevo Win User

Unable to transfer large files to usb drive

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Unable to transfer large files to usb drive

1. Unable to transfer large files to usb drive - Similar Threads - Unable transfer large

2. Unable to transfer large files to usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to transfer large files to usb drive: Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than enough space, and how to fix it? The format is already showing ntfs....
  3. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  4. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. transfer MP4 to USB Drive, after transferred file not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer MP4 to USB Drive, after transferred file not accessible: Dear All i try to copy 1 MP4 file from c: to USB, but after file complete copy to USB, file become not accessible i check the origianl file it was fine can open VDO new file in USB Size equal to Original file and it take reasonable time to copy file...
  7. Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of files from c drive to usb drive: How to transfer files from C drove to USB drive if the windows is not booting due to some issues in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-files-from-c-drive-to-usb-drive/de8664a6-4343-4568-b253-1cf09bbb586a
  8. Slow USB Drive File Transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow USB Drive File Transfer: Hello All Some reason both my most used systems having slow usb drive file transfer, Desktop & Laptop, Desktop is brand new motherboard, processor, and not yet a clean install ((soon will do one soon as i can)), but right now just wanna improve usb drive performance if i...
  9. Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD: Toshiba l750 64 bit Windows 10, 8 GB ram Copied my own DVD-R to MKV 4 GB with Wondershare. Tried to fix a MP4 8 GB size with Format Factory. Both conversations successful Try to cut or even copy to USB HDD 25-30 MB rate but drops and stops 15% of process. USB HDD to...
  10. Large file transfers between drives freezes midway - Win10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large file transfers between drives freezes midway - Win10 x64: Hello. If a moderator prefers to move this thread to another subforum please feel free. The issue is with transferring large files from my main HDD to my removable HDD, the transfer STOPS and Windows freezes (usually recoverable by clicking cancel and waiting for the task...