Windows 10: Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

Discus and support Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Kodak EasyShare - I have used this app to transfer photos from my Kodak DX6490 to my PC for many years. It has been working on WIN10. In the past few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VincentForte2, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

Kodak EasyShare - I have used this app to transfer photos from my Kodak DX6490 to my PC for many years. It has been working on WIN10. In the past few weeks I am no longer able to transfer photos. I have deleted and reinstalled the software.
    MS Tech support had me upload the latest version of WIN10. It did not solve the problem.

When I place the camera on the docking platform and press the loading bar a screen opens up showing the photos that need to be transferred.

I then instruct the computer to accept the photos The screen disappears and I am to told that NO photos have been transferred.

I believe it is a firewall problem. I access the app settings in the firewall. However, this app does not appear on my app listing.

Please advise. Thanks

:)

VincentForte2, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Polarman Win User

Kodak Z980 Looks good

I'm not really a professional when it come to taking pictures nor do i have the resources money wise to get those Wicked Nikon SLR's + Lenses.

I still love my Kodak DX6490.

Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera. [​IMG]

It's a very good camera and i took some pretty amazing pictures with it but the new Z980 got me tempted...

Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera. kodak-easyshare-z980-24x-zoom-camera.jpg

Science, Art and Industry | Kodak

Polarman, Apr 24, 2020
  3. DaedalusHelios, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

Problem with KODAK Easyshare in a limited account

found a work around

Win XP Pro SP2 with limited user account results in "Cannot get device information"
    Using the latest Kodak EasyShare v6.4
    It took me a long time but I've got it working with restricted user account.
    I've found the following kb article from Kodak's site:

To switch from the Kodak driver to the Windows driver, do the following:

Connect the camera to the computer.
    Turn on the camera.
    If you are using a Kodak camera or printer dock, do the following:
    Place the camera on the dock.
    Press the Transfer button.
    Click Cancel in any windows that appear.
    Open the Device Manager:
    Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
    In the System Properties window, select the Hardware tab.
    Click Device Manager.
    Click the plus sign (+) in front of imaging devices (or under Kodak camera if you are using a version of Kodak EasyShare software earlier than 3.0). The camera appears.
    Right-click the camera and select Update Driver.
    When Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software? appears, select No, not this time.
    Click Next.
    Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
    Select Digital Still Camera, and then click Next.
    When the program selection window appears, select Kodak EasyShare software.
    Select Always use this program for this action, and then click OK to transfer your pictures.
    NOTE: This procedure prevents future uploading of files or information to the camera, including firmware, address book updates, and new albums features.

Hope this help someone. I didn't find any solution from any site.

kodakEasyshare, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera.

1. Unable to transfer photos from Kodak DX6490 Camera. - Similar Threads - Unable transfer photos

2. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  3. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App unable to tag photos from camera: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...
  4. Unable to import photos directly from camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to import photos directly from camera: I'm unable to import photos directly from my camera since Windows 10 . Please advise if this is still possible and provide a solution, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-photos-directly-from-camera/6869cace-832d-4901-9a8e-0642e5602cf3
  5. Transferring photos from old camera to newer PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring photos from old camera to newer PC: New W10 hp Asus laptop has Memory Card slot that matches the SDHC card from my FinepixZ camera. When I plug it in the icon for it shows in Settings>Bluetooth and Others, but all I see is this icon with no Drive or leads to anywhere provided. A camera store then talked me into...
  6. Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera: I have taken some RAW images on a Canon EOS 60 D and also large JPEG images. I can transfer the JPEG files but not the CR2 files onto my desktop. A message appears indicating there was an error. This appears for all CR2 files. The CR2 files appear correctly on the camera....
  7. unable to view transferred photos

unable to view transferred photos: I have just tried to transfer photos from my android device to my laptop (a transfer I practice regularly). On this occasion, none of the files I've transferred will open. "Photos" suggests "it appears that we don't support this file format" and other programs produce...
  8. Unable to transfer photos to a CD

Unable to transfer photos to a CD: I cannot transfer photos from my PC with Windows 10 to a CD card. Please help. Thank you for advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-transfer-photos-to-a-cd/b9b287b6-42dd-4cd4-a71c-b9362806714d
  9. Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC

Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC: I have an old Android phone and a laptop running Windows 10. My phone doesn’t have an SD card and a data package. I did everything I can, updated drivers for this Motorola Rival phone...
  10. transferring photos from digital camera to laptop

transferring photos from digital camera to laptop: unfamiliar with transferring - have a 8 yr old gateway laptop and i believe i have a slot in left front to insert a memory card or do i need a usb cable to transfer and do i need a cd rom to accomplish this thanks for any assistance...