Windows 10: Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop

Discus and support Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop, and I’m having trouble transferring my Windows 11 Pro retail key from my old laptop to the new one. I followed all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Victor_2024, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop

I recently bought a new laptop, and I’m having trouble transferring my Windows 11 Pro retail key from my old laptop to the new one. I followed all the required steps to activate the key on my new laptop Windows 11 Home OEM, but I have not had any success.Furthermore, I've attempted to contact Microsoft support, but their contact system has been extremely frustrating and unhelpful, often sending me in circles. I managed to reach chat support, but unfortunately, the steps provided by the support person did not resolve the issue. Now, I’m stuck without activation and could really use some help.

:)

Victor_2024, Jun 16, 2024

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Retail key to new laptop

I recently upgraded my old laptop to Windows 10 Pro Retail (not the free upgrade). Shortly after that, I got a new laptop, but it runs Windows 8. Since I already used the key on my old laptop, is it still possible to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Retail
    onto the new laptop? I don't plan on keeping the old laptop anymore, but I don't want the Windows 10 key to go to waste.

NickLee808, Jun 16, 2024
  3. DaRj King Win User
    I built a new computer running windows 11 home. Can I transfer my product key from my old windows 10 Pro?

How can I transfer my license to my new PC? I have verified it's a retail copy but I can't activate the product key and the upgrading hardware step doesn't list my new PC.

Do I need Windows 11 Pro or should the 10 Pro key automatically upgrade me?

How do I do this?

DaRj King, Jun 16, 2024
  4. Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop

Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license (Retail) to new laptop

I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old PC. I used to upgrade the Windows 11 Home version to Pro version using store upgrade because digital license supports that.

But I am unable to upgrade with my new PC. It shows I do not have any license to upgrade to Pro version.

I tried with the generic Pro version and troubleshoot method but of no help.

I cannot contact Microsoft because they will send my call to some guy with no common sense who will say "Sir, you are trying to activate Windows 11 Pro key on Home version. You need to install Pro version" which is absolute garbage. They don't even know that Windows can upgrade from Home to Pro when supplied with a Pro key.

What should I do?

Is it that Microsoft promises and gets money and I will be directed to some useless fellow to deal with my problems and consider my money a waste?

VishnuPradeesh, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop

1. Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable Transfer Pro

2. Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail Key to New Laptop: I recently bought a new laptop, and I’m having trouble transferring my Windows 11 Pro retail key from my old laptop to the new one. I followed all the required steps to activate the key on my new laptop Windows 11 Home OEM, but I have not had any success.Furthermore, I've...
  3. Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC: I have an old PC running Windows 11 Pro, "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This is a retail licence purchased from the Microsoft Store. This old PC is now suffering from various hardware problems, so I have bought a new one. This has...
  4. Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC

Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC: I have an old PC running Windows 11 Pro, "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This is a retail licence purchased from the Microsoft Store. This old PC is now suffering from various hardware problems, so I have bought a new one. This has...
  5. Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine: We are looking to buy 20-25 Windows Pro retail licenses for business use. We had following goalsLicenses will be owned by business and not become property of employee. License installed on machine of one employee can be removed from existing machine and applied to machine of...
  6. Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine

Unable to transfer Windows 11 Pro retail license to a new machine: We are looking to buy 20-25 Windows Pro retail licenses for business use. We had following goalsLicenses will be owned by business and not become property of employee. License installed on machine of one employee can be removed from existing machine and applied to machine of...
  7. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  8. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  9. Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop

Transferring Windows 11 Pro digital license Retail to new laptop: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital retail license which I used in my older laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed by default. I uninstalled my Pro key from my old laptop using `slmgr /upk && slmgr /cpky` commands and even wiped my hard disk of old...
  10. Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.: Purchased retail W10 Pro in April. Installed in a VM in Hyper-V for screenshots. Disabled the VM. Now want to upgrade a new W10 Home PC. product key "didn't work."...