Windows 10: Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

Discus and support Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2Fam, Oct 4, 2020.

1. 2Fam Win User

Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am unable to expand or trim it. Instead of seeing a "bar" that I can move or expand, it appears as a tiny line that won't stretch. I am trying to add my narration to my video. Appreciate any assistance.

P.s. There is no appropriate category listed for this question so I apologize in advance.

:)

2Fam, Oct 4, 2020
  2. normovi Win User

N8 video editor does not see my songs/videos

Hi

after buying my n8 a month ago I started exploring the video editor and immediatly a problem appeared:

I open a new project to create a video and the video editor

does show e some videos captured with the device, so I choose a video

, trim it and so on, add some transitions and texts in between and

here the proble begins - I go to "choose a music for background" and the

list of song availiablefor adding is empty, that means the N8 does not see

any mp3/ogg/acc etc files which are supposed to be added to the video film i'm making=(

However it is possible to make an audio record with the audio recorded and such file can be seen

as a possible for background music in the video-editor.

So, what can I do make N8 video-editor to see files from my music collection stored on the phone so that i could

use my songs in y video-films created on MY N8?

normovi, Oct 4, 2020
  3. BetaJams Win User
    Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?

I have been using Video Editor for a few projects for about a year now and I went to add some audio to a new project and I cant find the option anywhere. Was the option removed? I was aiming to have this project done by the end of the month, and if I cant
    use the Custom Audio feature anymore, I'm either going to have to scrap this project or buy a new video editor...

BetaJams, Oct 4, 2020
  4. jld4444 Win User

Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files.

It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on audio files so that my 14,000+ audio files organize correctly for playlists, etc., and I like proper metadata on video files as good practice.

Audio files are largely .mp3, and video files are either .mp4 or .wmv.

I have tried Properties > Details on individual files in File Explorer and several tag/metadata editors that have worked great for years. Some tag editors will show the metadata/tags it allegedly saved, but when I go back to File Explorer
    they're not there. I have also ensured that the same metadata/tag categories I edited in tag editors display in File Explorer.

I've also tried some suggestions from forums:

• Making sure proper permissions are granted
    • Ensuring I'm signed in to Microsoft
    • Copying a file and trying to edit the copy's metadata/tags
    • Copying the files to new and existing other folders and trying to edit
    • Ensuring the files are not read-only

Any ideas on what could have made the metadata/tags uneditable all of a sudden, and more importantly how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

jld4444, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor - Similar Threads - Unable trim expand

2. Photos Video Editor wont add custom audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Video Editor wont add custom audio: Window's Photos Video Editor wont add custom audio. I get the error message below regardless of what mp3 file I am adding and regardless from where I am adding it from. I am running Windows 10 Home version: 10.0.19044....
  3. Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos: When I upload a custom audio file, I can play it and it works fine but I cannot move the handles on the timeline. I can't change the starting or ending time of the audio. I tried both .mp3 and .wav files, and they both won't work. I have tried restarting my device and...
  4. Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos

Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos: When I upload a custom audio file, I can play it and it works fine but I cannot move the handles on the timeline. I can't change the starting or ending time of the audio. I tried both .mp3 and .wav files, and they both won't work. I have tried restarting my device and...
  5. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  6. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  7. Custom audio in windows video editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom audio in windows video editor not working: I'm trying to make a video in windows video editor/ photos and when i add in a custom audio, there is a tab with two small boxes on the side of it it, looks like an upside down T on the video bar. when i try to pull on either one of those tabs the audio wont expand so i can...
  8. Custom audio in windows video editor not working

Custom audio in windows video editor not working: I'm trying to make a video in windows video editor/ photos and when i add in a custom audio, there is a tab with two small boxes on the side of it it, looks like an upside down T on the video bar. when i try to pull on either one of those tabs the audio wont expand so i can...
  9. Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.

Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.: Hello, I'm using Windows' built-in Video Editor to make a video with sound. But when I added the song in custom audio, the length of it isn't changeable. I restarted my laptop several times, but it still isn't working as it should.Please tell a solution to this....
  10. unable to trim videos

unable to trim videos: Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft help please! [ATTACH]...