Windows 10: Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

Discus and support Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2Fam, Oct 4, 2020.

1. 2Fam Win User

Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am unable to expand or trim it. Instead of seeing a "bar" that I can move or expand, it appears as a tiny line that won't stretch. I am trying to add my narration to my video. Appreciate any assistance.

P.s. There is no appropriate category listed for this question so I apologize in advance.

:)

2Fam, Oct 4, 2020
  2. normovi Win User

N8 video editor does not see my songs/videos

Hi

after buying my n8 a month ago I started exploring the video editor and immediatly a problem appeared:

I open a new project to create a video and the video editor

does show e some videos captured with the device, so I choose a video

, trim it and so on, add some transitions and texts in between and

here the proble begins - I go to "choose a music for background" and the

list of song availiablefor adding is empty, that means the N8 does not see

any mp3/ogg/acc etc files which are supposed to be added to the video film i'm making=(

However it is possible to make an audio record with the audio recorded and such file can be seen

as a possible for background music in the video-editor.

So, what can I do make N8 video-editor to see files from my music collection stored on the phone so that i could

use my songs in y video-films created on MY N8?

normovi, Oct 4, 2020
  3. BetaJams Win User
    Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?

I have been using Video Editor for a few projects for about a year now and I went to add some audio to a new project and I cant find the option anywhere. Was the option removed? I was aiming to have this project done by the end of the month, and if I cant
    use the Custom Audio feature anymore, I'm either going to have to scrap this project or buy a new video editor...

BetaJams, Oct 4, 2020
  4. jld4444 Win User

Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files.

It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on audio files so that my 14,000+ audio files organize correctly for playlists, etc., and I like proper metadata on video files as good practice.

Audio files are largely .mp3, and video files are either .mp4 or .wmv.

I have tried Properties > Details on individual files in File Explorer and several tag/metadata editors that have worked great for years. Some tag editors will show the metadata/tags it allegedly saved, but when I go back to File Explorer
    they're not there. I have also ensured that the same metadata/tag categories I edited in tag editors display in File Explorer.

I've also tried some suggestions from forums:

• Making sure proper permissions are granted
    • Ensuring I'm signed in to Microsoft
    • Copying a file and trying to edit the copy's metadata/tags
    • Copying the files to new and existing other folders and trying to edit
    • Ensuring the files are not read-only

Any ideas on what could have made the metadata/tags uneditable all of a sudden, and more importantly how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

jld4444, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor - Similar Threads - Unable trim expand

2. Video Editor trims all my clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Editor trims all my clips: Hello, I am having a problem with the Windows Video Editor. When I open my video project, all the videos that I have added to the storyboard are trimmed to 1-3 seconds. Of course I can go into each single video and readjust them to their correct length but this shouldn't...
  3. File Compression in Video Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Compression in Video Editor: Hey everyone! I was using the video editor included in Windows 10 for the first time and I noticed that after editing it reduced the size of my video from 300 MB to 15 MB (Selecting the max quality which is 1080p). I'm not sure if this file compression has any effect on the...
  4. unable to trim videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to trim videos: Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft help please! [ATTACH]...
  5. Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?

Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?: I have been using Video Editor for a few projects for about a year now and I went to add some audio to a new project and I cant find the option anywhere. Was the option removed? I was aiming to have this project done by the end of the month, and if I cant use the Custom Audio...
  6. Editing system files with custom editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Editing system files with custom editor: Some files like .bat, .ps1, .reg have edit action in file context menu. When I click on it I can edit the file in notepad. Can I make any change in registry so that I can make the file open in my custom editor(i.e notepad++) when I click on edit button?? submitted by...
  7. Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?

Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?: I trimmed a video using Photos but the output video has choppy sound. I can find no options relating to sound under settings or in the video trim/creation process. Is there a workaround or do I need a different app?...
  8. Windows Video Editor Won't accept my audio file

Windows Video Editor Won't accept my audio file: Hello, I'm trying to get my own audio files onto Window's Video Editor. Every time I try to upload an audio file, it says that something went wrong and the files couldn't be added. I've tried converting the file to mp3, wma, wav, and aiff, but nothing has worked....
  9. Unable to add gif file format files in Windows Video Editor.

Unable to add gif file format files in Windows Video Editor.: Hello! I've tried to make a video consisting of several gifs back-to-back in the Windows 10 Video Editor, but they are just displayed as pictures and do not move. Does the Video Editor support gifs, and if so, how do I make them move? (and if it does not support them,...
  10. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...