Windows 10: unable to trim videos

Discus and support unable to trim videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanIgnacio, Sep 3, 2020.

1. unable to trim videos

Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out.

editing it using the Photos app of microsoft

help please!

unable to trim videos df2ca2f3-de78-48cc-addc-adcf52029d4f?upload=true.png

:)

IanIgnacio, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Bru 2 Win User

unable to trim videos

trim video

How do I trim sections from a video in Windows 10? If it's to be trimmed in Photos, I'm unclear how to properly position the bottom brown line (left and right sides) and white circle....and whether/how I need to save sections to the storyboard...and
    then how to save all sections of storyboard into 1 video. Very frustrating trying to find clear-cut instructions.

Bru 2, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

unable to trim videos

1. unable to trim videos - Similar Threads - unable trim videos

2. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  3. Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor: Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am unable to expand or trim it. Instead of seeing a "bar" that I can move or expand, it appears as a tiny line that won't stretch. I...
  4. i cannot trim video in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot trim video in photos: I cannot trim videos in photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-trim-video-in-photos/05500d5f-ae7b-42c2-a722-912b5fe6f6df
  5. Trimming videos using Photos App...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  6. Can't trim video Windows 10

Can't trim video Windows 10: I just recorded a video using OBS on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and when I went to trim about 10 minutes off of it it says that I don't have permission to save changes to the file and that I should try saving a copy, This hasn't happened before and I am confused, can someone...
  7. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

Trimming Videos in Windows 10: Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds 25% off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by lets say 80%. Note: There is topic that fits this question...
  8. cant trim videos in photos

cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...
  9. Can't save a trimmed video

Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...
  10. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...