Windows 10: Unable to turn off airplane mode.

Discus and support Unable to turn off airplane mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop lenovo ideapad 310, I'm unable to turn off the airplane mode. It's all grayed. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaiTanooja Reddy, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Unable to turn off airplane mode.

My laptop lenovo ideapad 310, I'm unable to turn off the airplane mode. It's all grayed. What should I do?

:)

SaiTanooja Reddy, Jan 6, 2019

2. Unable to turn off the Airplane mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn off the Airplane mode on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to turn off the Airplane mode.

I suggest you to try the following work around and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode under Settings.

Open Settings.

Once Settings launched, click Network & Internet.

Click on Airplane mode. Change the toggle button position under Turn this on to stop all wireless communication to off position to turn off the Airplane mode.

After the Airplane mode is turned off, please make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches under Wireless devices section are turned on.

Method 2: Turn on WI Fi.

Step 1:open Settings.

Step 2: Once Settings app is launched, click on
    Network and Internet.

Step 3: Click on
    Wi-Fi. Turn on the Wi-Fi by changing toggle switch to On position.

Step 4: Click on the Wi-Fi connection that you would like to connect to and then click or tap
    Connect button.

Method 3: Remove Airplane mode icon from system tray.

Step 1:Open Windows Explorer.

Step 2:Open Task manager by holding
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey.

Step 3: If the taskbar is opened with limited details view, click
    More details button go the full view.

Step 4: Under
    Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Explorer entry, and then click
    Restart option to restart the File Explorer including the taskbar. This will refresh all the icons on the Task bar.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Unable to turn off the Airplane mode.

Hi,

If you are unable to turn off the Airplane mode you may try the below steps and check if you are able to turn off the Airplane mode.

Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode under Settings.

Open Settings.

Once Settings launched, click Network & Internet.

Click on Airplane mode. Change the toggle button position under Turn this on to stop all wireless communication to off position to turn off the Airplane mode.

After the Airplane mode is turned off, please make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches under Wireless devices section are turned on.

Method 2: Turn on WI Fi.

Step 1:open Settings.

Step 2: Once Settings app is launched, click on
    Network and Internet.

Step 3: Click on
    Wi-Fi. Turn on the Wi-Fi by changing toggle switch to On position.

Step 4: Click on the Wi-Fi connection that you would like to connect to and then click or tap
    Connect button.

Method 3: Remove Airplane mode icon from system tray.

Step 1:Open Windows Explorer.

Step 2:Open Task manager by holding
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey.

Step 3: If the taskbar is opened with limited details view, click
    More details button go the full view.

Step 4: Under
    Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Explorer entry, and then click
    Restart option to restart the File Explorer including the taskbar. This will refresh all the icons on the Task bar.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Unable to turn off airplane mode.

Can't turn off airplane mode

Hi Robert,

Turning off Airplane mode should be done by one click/tap. However, for us to isolate the concern, can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Are you using a computer or mobile phone?
    • What do you mean by "can't turn off airplane mode"?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the concern?
    • Were there any changes made on your device prior to the issue?

If you're using a computer, we suggest that you check the answer of
    George JeffryChilders on August 24, 2015 in this
    link. There are 381 people that were helped by his answer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn off airplane mode.

1. Unable to turn off airplane mode. - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  3. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  4. A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off: I was wondering whether it is possible to turn airplane mode on/off using a keyboard shortcut. submitted by /u/MattAnon1998 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq6bo6/a_hotkey_to_turn_airplane_mode_onoff/
  5. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  6. Unable to Turn-Off Airplane Mode from WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Turn-Off Airplane Mode from WinRE: Win 10 ver 1803(os Build 17134.1) I made an inadvertent error. I was running a rootkit scan in safemode and rebooted; without remembering that I was on Airplane mode and I am preset to login with a Microsoft Account. Duh! Now I am stuck in computer getting me to a login...
  7. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  8. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  9. Unable to turn airplane mode off

Unable to turn airplane mode off: Our HP Laptop model#C2N76UA#ABA. Did a windows 10 update and now the wireless does not work. I am able to plug in an Ethernet cable and can surf the web, but no wireless. It seems as if it is in air plane mode all the time. If I place the pointer over the network icon in the...
  10. Airplane mode wouldn't turn off

Airplane mode wouldn't turn off: So basically can't use internet I have an 8 years old Sony VAIO laptop and it was getting real slow lately, so I decided to buy an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb). Installed it yesterday and then installed Win 10 on it. Then I saw that net wasn't working so I restarted just in...