Windows 10: Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

Discus and support Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I close multiple tabs in Edge I get the following, standard prompt [ATTACH] However, despite me selecting Always close all tabs, the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robbo.5000, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

Whenever I close multiple tabs in Edge I get the following, standard prompt

Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs 725e92c6-df50-42c3-87d4-b4b6756cf441?upload=true.png

However, despite me selecting Always close all tabs, the next time I close mutpile tabs I get this prompt.

I've gone to [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main] and seen that the AskToCloseAllTabs key is missing. I add the key as Dword and set to 0. However this fails to work, because the next time I use Edge this key is getting deleted.

I am running Windows 1903 build 18362.356

Any help or advice as to how I can close multiple tabs without this prompt every time (For those that think this prompt is a good idea, I like to live on the edge, I even turn off the recycle bin)

:)

Robbo.5000, Sep 19, 2019

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 19, 2019
  3. skizee Win User
    Close all tab

In windows 7 when you click on the X in the upper right, the page closes

In windows 10 when you click on the X a box pops up, close all tab/close this tab

This is an extra step I don't need or want.

How do I turn this off?

skizee, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

can't close current tab in Windows 10

When I try to close the current tab, a dropdown asks if I want to close all tabs or cancel, even if I only have one "tab" up. I have to respond to this in order to close anything. If I chose cancel, the current tab remains, as one would expect. If I choose
    close all tabs, no matter how many I have up, it drops me to the lock screen, and I have to start over. Using Cortana, I have to go back through the original steps to get to the first page of my search. I can close steps in the search box, but that doesn't
    work for everything.

RosemarieWard, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

1. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  3. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  4. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  6. Antivirus always turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  7. Antivirus always turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  8. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  9. Always close all tabs not working

in Browsers and Email
    Always close all tabs not working: I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up. I tick the box every time and close the browser, but get asked the same question every time. When I close with the top right hand X, I expect the damn...
  10. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows terminal dont ask close all tabs

2. always close all tabs windows 10