Windows 10: Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi , I am creating a VBscript to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandeep Negi (sandeep.ne), Aug 13, 2018.

1. Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10

Hi ,

I am creating a VBscript to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_TrackProgs, But when i am changing the Start_TrackProgs value to "1" it is disabling the option.I need the exact registry keys to turn off/on this option.

Please help me in resolving this.

Regards

Sandeep

:)

Sandeep Negi (sandeep.ne), Aug 13, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Frogger Win User

Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10

1. Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  3. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  4. Cant turn on "Show most used apps" on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn on "Show most used apps" on Windows 11: Hello,It seems that I cant activate "Show most used apps" on windows 11. The option is completely greyd out. Not sure how to go about enabling it. Any help will be appreciated.Thx...
  5. Cant turn on "Show most used apps" on Windows 11

Cant turn on "Show most used apps" on Windows 11: Hello,It seems that I cant activate "Show most used apps" on windows 11. The option is completely greyd out. Not sure how to go about enabling it. Any help will be appreciated.Thx...
  6. How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10: If you want to turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, here is how you can do that. While it is possible to disable Notifications for an App via Settings, you can do the same via Registry Editor in Windows 10. Apps often show notifications in the...
  7. What is the Registry Key for the "Show frequently used folder in Quick access" option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the Registry Key for the "Show frequently used folder in Quick access" option?: I need the registry keys to turn off this option. I have only found the registry key for turning off file history, not frequently used folders. [ATTACH]...
  8. Most Used Apps

Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Most Often Used Apps at Top of Share List in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017....
  10. Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?: Are there registry keys to disable individual app notifications? I'd like to be able to do this from the command-line so that I can do this automated instead of touching each machine. Here is what I am talking about: [img] 31130