Windows 10: Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home version = 10.0.18362 Build 18362. I have a dual boot computer Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 home. When I try to boot from the Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GUPPY, Dec 6, 2019.

1. GUPPY Win User

Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Home version = 10.0.18362 Build 18362.
    I have a dual boot computer Windows 10 Home and Windows 7 home.
    When I try to boot from the Windows 7 home it will not load and shows a WINLOAD.EFi error.
    The web showed to change the secure boot to disabled.
    I went in to system Management and it shows Bios Mode UEFI smbios Version 3.1.
    I went into the Bios under Secure Bios Configuration and changed secure boot to disabled and did a F10.
    I rebooted the computer and it still shows UEFI.

:)

GUPPY, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home

1. Unable to turn off uefi Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. Unable to turn off my windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off my windows hello: Hello all, i enabled my windows hello were it asks me on logging in from the lock in screen for my Microsoft password, this has now become annoying and i would like to remove this, but seem too be unable as there is an inaccessible red line over it??Any help would be...
  3. Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.: Computer is updated to version 21H1, the connected printer cannot use it.According to Microsoft's recommendation to remove Pat update in turn windows features on or off page.Because there is no button to uninstall as shown in the attached picture. How can I fix it?...
  4. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  5. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.: Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home doesn't have. I'd like to not have to change my password everything month. Get's annoying. Edit: OS: Windows 10 Home CPU:...
  6. Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Turning off Windows 10 home pin request: I have new Dell Laptop with windows 10 Home. I want to sign in to Windows store but it keeps requesting a windows hello PIN. I do not have a Windows Hello PIN. In the settings/account/sign in options, it says this option is currently unavailable so I cant disable it....
  7. Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn on notifications for Nearby Sharing, but "Get Notifications from this apps" shows an almost empty list Windows 10 2004 Admin account Focus Assist: Off https://i.imgur.com/0XJMrBH.png Any help much welcome 171341
  8. Turning off Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 Home Edition: How do I turn it off so I can use my audio driver with more than one program at a time? I've looked at articles online, but they all show screenshots of control panels, i.e. "Line Properties", that I do not have on my system. Thanks....
  9. Unable to turn off permanently Windows Defender !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn off permanently Windows Defender !: Hello, i always was able to turn Windows Defender off, but now it always turn on. I tried solution 6 and 7, using gpedit and regedit, both didn't work. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10 I can't turn off service in regedit. Or there was yet...
  10. Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home: - I turned off USB storage devices by going into Regedit and changing value of USBSTOR to 4. - However if I connect my Android phone, it is still recognized as MTP and I can copy files back and forth. How can I turn off MTP and other USB storage options to ensure that no one...