Windows 10: Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

Discus and support Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lon Lee, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Lon Lee Win User

Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy from my PC but still getting this restriction.Any idea where to check next?Thank you,LonLee

:)

Lon Lee, Jun 2, 2021

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Unable to turn on Windows Firewall and other Antivirus software

What has Avast Support had to say about the behavior?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Bennyjoec Win User

Unable to turn on Windows Firewall and other Antivirus software

What has Avast Support had to say about the behavior?

I have not contacted anyone from Avast Support yet.

Bennyjoec, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  3. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  4. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  5. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  6. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. Unable to turn on windows firewall

Unable to turn on windows firewall: My Windows firewall kept freezing my PC every time I downloaded a file and after a lot of trouble I managed to turn it off permanently because it kept turning on by itself. However, I'm no longer able to turn it back on. [img] 79913