Windows 10: Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

Discus and support Unable to turn off Windows S Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I found that I am unable to install any applications outside of the Microsoft Store in my company Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. When... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PSKrishnan, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

Hello,

I found that I am unable to install any applications outside of the Microsoft Store in my company Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. When I tried to turn off the S mode in the Microsoft Store, it reports that I can't turn it off in this version of the Microsoft Store. None of the options listed in the FAQ seem to match the situation I face. I also can not see any options under Update&Security->Activation as mentioned in some other posts. My Windows as well as the Store, all are up to date. Truly appreciate any pointers to what I can do to get out of the S Mode...

Unable to turn off Windows S Mode bb64932b-afcf-446d-a6ea-c95f28f82dab?upload=true.png

:)

PSKrishnan, Sep 25, 2020

2. Unable to turn off the Airplane mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn off the Airplane mode on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to turn off the Airplane mode.

I suggest you to try the following work around and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode under Settings.

Open Settings.

Once Settings launched, click Network & Internet.

Click on Airplane mode. Change the toggle button position under Turn this on to stop all wireless communication to off position to turn off the Airplane mode.

After the Airplane mode is turned off, please make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches under Wireless devices section are turned on.

Method 2: Turn on WI Fi.

Step 1:open Settings.

Step 2: Once Settings app is launched, click on
    Network and Internet.

Step 3: Click on
    Wi-Fi. Turn on the Wi-Fi by changing toggle switch to On position.

Step 4: Click on the Wi-Fi connection that you would like to connect to and then click or tap
    Connect button.

Method 3: Remove Airplane mode icon from system tray.

Step 1:Open Windows Explorer.

Step 2:Open Task manager by holding
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey.

Step 3: If the taskbar is opened with limited details view, click
    More details button go the full view.

Step 4: Under
    Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Explorer entry, and then click
    Restart option to restart the File Explorer including the taskbar. This will refresh all the icons on the Task bar.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

Unable to turn off Airplane mode on Windows 10.

Hi Edna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn off the Airplane mode on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to turn off the Airplane mode.

I suggest you to try the following work around and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode under Settings.

Open Settings.

Once Settings launched, click Network & Internet.

Click on Airplane mode. Change the toggle button position under Turn this on to stop all wireless communication to off position to turn off the Airplane mode.

After the Airplane mode is turned off, please make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches under Wireless devices section are turned on.

Method 2: Turn on WI Fi.

Step 1:open Settings.

Step 2: Once Settings app is launched, click on
    Network and Internet.

Step 3: Click on
    Wi-Fi. Turn on the Wi-Fi by changing toggle switch to On position.

Step 4: Click on the Wi-Fi connection that you would like to connect to and then click or tap
    Connect button.

Method 3: Remove Airplane mode icon from system tray.

Step 1:Open Windows Explorer.

Step 2:Open Task manager by holding
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey.

Step 3: If the taskbar is opened with limited details view, click
    More details button go the full view.

Step 4: Under
    Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Explorer entry, and then click
    Restart option to restart the File Explorer including the taskbar. This will refresh all the icons on the Task bar.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

1. Unable to turn off Windows S Mode - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  3. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  4. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  5. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  6. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to turn off S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off S Mode: Hi,I logged in with a school ID so I could get free Microsoft Office through my school. I needed to download a Lockdown Browser in order to take a test. It successfully downloaded but when I try to start the software, Microsoft states I need to disable S Mode by visiting the...
  8. S Mode will not turn off.

S Mode will not turn off.: So, I've been trying to turn off S mode as soon as I got this new PC. It did turn off once the moment I first got this PC But then it came back when I restarted my PC. So, I attempt to try to turn this off once again but then it leaves an infinite "Working on it..."...
  9. Windows S mode will not turn off

Windows S mode will not turn off: I switched out of "S" mode and successfully downloaded Malwarebytes and Google Chrome. now neither program will run and the system is indicating that I need to switch out of "S" mode. I thought once you were out of "S" mode there was no going back. All attempts to once again...
  10. Turn off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Turn off S Mode: I am attempting to turn off S mode. I went to the Microsoft store and am on the page detailing turn off S mode, but there is no "get" button for me to hit. I need it off, I specifically bought this computer only for my scanner, which requires Windows. But- the Microsoft...