Windows 10: Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified

Discus and support Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Unable to turn on BitLocker, getting system cannot find the file specified. this is after disabling bitlocker to run mbr2gpt to update to uefi out of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NickCartwright1, May 11, 2019.

1. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified

Unable to turn on BitLocker, getting system cannot find the file specified.

this is after disabling bitlocker to run mbr2gpt to update to uefi out of legacy.

***Modified title from: BitLocker***

:)

NickCartwright1, May 11, 2019

2. Having to enter bit locker key everyday

Hi,

I realize that you are getting the bit locker prompt very often. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to turn off the Bit Locker, restart the pc and then turn on the Bit Locker to check if that helps.

To enable BitLocker, open the Control Panel and navigate to System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption. You can also open Windows Explorer or File Explorer, right-click a drive, and select Turn On BitLocker.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 11, 2019
  3. Unable to use SDcard locked by bit locker

Hello,

I am using Lumia 950 device and I have turned on device encryption option in my phone and after resetting my phone I am unable to see my sd card in storage and I tried connecting it to laptop but it is showing card is encrypted (Bit Locker) and need a key.
    Kindly suggest any kind of solution as there is a lot of data in that card

NitinWalke, May 11, 2019
  4. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified

Problem starting computer with Bit Locker turned on

Turned on Bit Locker on wife's desktop and had no problem encrypting the drives. Recently, when starting up computer, computer shows blue screen for entering password to Bit locker and immediately shuts down after entering only a few of the characters.
    This will go on 3 or 4 times before it stays on long enough to enter password and computer will then start up normally.

I'm turning off Bit Locker until I can figure out where the problem lies.

Computer is Dell Inspiron 3847 with quad core i5 processor. Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1607. Hard drives are two 2TB Seagate drives and a 4 TB Seagate backup drive. All updates are current.

Any suggestions for clearing this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Hartry, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified

1. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified - Similar Threads - Unable turn Bit

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  5. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified and renaming...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified and renaming...: renaming ReAgent.xml not working its still give same error any other resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-bit-locker-error-system-cannot/e603c2a3-2f06-49d3-b844-a0126ce9c94e
  6. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified and renaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified and renaming...: renaming ReAgent.xml not working its still give same error any other resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-bit-locker-error-system-cannot/e603c2a3-2f06-49d3-b844-a0126ce9c94e
  7. Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified and renaming...

8. Cannot turn on Bit Locker with error: System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot turn on Bit Locker with error: System cannot find the file specified: This issue occurred after converting to GPT partition and now I cannot turn on Bitlocker. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-bit-locker-with-error-system-cannot/65de4303-0dd8-43e0-b1a8-450f462f0f5a
  9. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  10. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...