Windows 10: Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Discus and support Unable to turn on Firewall on PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Speedy1zn, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Speedy1zn Win User

Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Good day

I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG antivirus firewall or windows defender.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

***Original title: Firewall has been turned off***

:)

Speedy1zn, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

windows 10 firewall keeps turning itself ON how to stop it

Hello,

From your issue description, I understand that you have an issue with “Windows Firewall”, as it turns off, and then turn on
    by itself.

Please be informed that Installation of more than one security programs leads to conflict. Install any one antivirus program and update it with latest definition updates.

Method 1:

Perform Virus Scan in Safe Mode with Networking:

Note: Some of viruses are unable to detect in Normal mode. So I suggest you to perform “Virus can in Safe mode with Networking” and then check.

Step 1:

Start the computer in “Safe mode with networking mode”, to start the computer with minimal set of drivers and files and also includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on
    your network. You may follow the article below and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Perform Virus Scan:

Disclaimer for Virus scan: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

• The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

2. Restart the computer to see whether the problem goes away.

Method 2: Disable or uninstall Third party Windows Firewall program and then check.

Disclaimer to disable Firewall: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable
    to damage from worms or hackers.

Note: Once you performed the steps, make sure you ‘Turn on the Firewall’ and
    re-enable the antivirus to avoid the risk of virus infection.

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and the questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

Hope it helps.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

1. Unable to turn on Firewall on PC - Similar Threads - Unable turn Firewall

2. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...: unable to turn this setting on pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-the-microsoft-defender-firewall/94d5712e-b7ca-476a-a420-0cc14c78f8a3
  3. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...: unable to turn this setting on pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-the-microsoft-defender-firewall/94d5712e-b7ca-476a-a420-0cc14c78f8a3
  4. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  6. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  7. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  8. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  9. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975
  10. Unable to turn on windows firewall

Unable to turn on windows firewall: My Windows firewall kept freezing my PC every time I downloaded a file and after a lot of trouble I managed to turn it off permanently because it kept turning on by itself. However, I'm no longer able to turn it back on. [img] 79913

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to turn on windows firewall error windows firewall cant change some of your setting