Windows 10: Unable to turn on MAC filtering

Discus and support Unable to turn on MAC filtering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, New gateway, set up mac filtering and blocked devices still connecting. Dual band and doesn't appear to allow mac filtering on 5 MHz channel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glennc, Jan 16, 2021.

1. glennc Win User

Unable to turn on MAC filtering

Hello,
    New gateway, set up mac filtering and blocked devices still connecting. Dual band and doesn't appear to allow mac filtering on 5 MHz channel, possibly due to inability to turn off WPS service. Gateway says WPS is turned off. No option to alter 5 MHz channel.
    Can I disable 5 MHz channel and force all connections through 2.4? Is there a better way??
    Thanx

:)

glennc, Jan 16, 2021

2. Nokia 5800 WLAN Mac Filtering Issue with linksys router

I used the code "*#62209526# " to check the MAC Address, i also verified this through the wireless client list for the router.

DHCP is already enabled.

keep in mind that i have no problems connecting with the router if the MAC Filtering is turned off. The issue is that when i enter the MAC Address of my mobile in the filtering list it says "The MAC Address cannot be the multipart address".

faizanulhaq, Jan 16, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2021
  4. RobEllis Win User

MAC address for WP7 Devices

That's what I am seeing too - hidden SSID and MAC filtering on - no connection - even with the phone MAC added to the list.

Unhide SSID and turn filtering off - get connected. Hide SSID and turn filtering back on - everything is fine, until the phone is rebooted, or the wifi turned off and on again.

RobEllis, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to turn on MAC filtering - Similar Threads - Unable turn MAC

2. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  3. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  4. Issue Connecting to Wifi on Multiple Devices After applying MAC Filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Connecting to Wifi on Multiple Devices After applying MAC Filtering: For the past 8 months, I have had zero issues with my router.The other night, I applied MAC filtering to my router.Now I get this message for several devices in my house even though the MAC addresses are correct.“Unable to join the network ____.The network is operating on...
  5. Issue Connecting to Wifi on Multiple Devices After applying MAC Filtering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Connecting to Wifi on Multiple Devices After applying MAC Filtering: For the past 8 months, I have had zero issues with my router.The other night, I applied MAC filtering to my router.Now I get this message for several devices in my house even though the MAC addresses are correct.“Unable to join the network ____.The network is operating on...
  6. Issue Connecting to Wifi on Multiple Devices After applying MAC Filtering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  8. Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?

Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?: I am using another network with a MAC filter that won't allow my 3DS to connect to it, so I set up a mobile hotspot on my laptop. How do I edit the MAC address filter so my 3DS can connect to my laptop hotspot?...
  9. To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.: ALL my USB HUBS on this PC (Win.10(Pro) are NOT working after April Updates(1803). I tried to use Admin Command but, not successful. Result copy attached: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName: ISKU-USBFilter Error: 87 The /FeatureName: option is...
  10. Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter

Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter: Hello, I am trying to connect a Windows 10 laptop to a WiFi network that is using a MAC address filter. When I attempt to connect Windows reports that it is "Checking network requirements". Then it reports that it "Cannot connect to this network". I have been able to...