Windows 10: Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Discus and support Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GowthamKudupudi, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again."

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006SCL7/5ghz-network-band-isnt-available-select-a-different-band-and-try-again

is the support provided by intel. They've asked me to set the channel to 32. but I don't see a way to do it.

:)

GowthamKudupudi, Aug 14, 2019
  2. tommygun Win User

Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

Hi.
    I'm on a metered connection using my USB Data Card, but been unable to to turn on the Mobile Hotspot to share my connection with other devices (see screenshot below).
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band [​IMG]

tommygun, Aug 14, 2019
  3. 5Ghz band not there

The 2230 is a 2.4Ghz only networking adapter

Intel® Wireless Solutions

Multi-Stream, Single Band 802.11b/g/n 2x2 and 2.4 GHz

Delivers up to 300 Mbps speed in the 2.4 GHz band with multiple streams for enhanced speed while improving coverage and reliability.

802.11n supports 2.4 and 5Ghz. Typically for chips that support the 5Ghz band you will see 802.11abgn or 802.11ac listed as there is no marking specifically for 5Ghz N support.

Tripp

Tripp Parks [MSFT], Aug 14, 2019
  4. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Unable to connect to my Windows 10 Hotspot from my mobile device.

I'm glad that at least in part you have solved the problem.
    Try checking the advanced Wi-Fi settings on your phone or try selecting only the 5Ghz band.
    Then set the 5Ghz band on the mobile hotspot of Windows and try again.The phone should be able to work with both bands.The SSID you set on the mobile hotspot is unique for both bands or the SSIDs are different?
    Try, if necessary, to set different SSIDs for the 2 bands.

franco d'esaro, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

1. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band - Similar Threads - Unable turn mobile

2. How to switch network band of Mobile hotspot from 5GHz to 2.4GHz in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch network band of Mobile hotspot from 5GHz to 2.4GHz in Windows 10?: My pc is able to emit mobile hotspot of both network band 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz but when my pc connects to Wi-fi network of 5Ghz then I don't find any option to change the frequency band of mobile hotspot to 2.4GHz, as it is shown in the warning that devices that don't support 5GHz...
  3. 5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot: Hello, so i'm trying to share a hotspot for my phone from my laptop. When i use the 2,4Ghz it works, but when i try to go to 5Ghz it says this message on the screenshot. I tried a few things that i found on the internet but nothing fixed it. Just to be clear i can connect to...
  4. 5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot

5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot: Hello, so i'm trying to share a hotspot for my phone from my laptop. When i use the 2,4Ghz it works, but when i try to go to 5Ghz it says this message on the screenshot. I tried a few things that i found on the internet but nothing fixed it. Just to be clear i can connect to...
  5. How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?: Exactly what the title said, the source for the internet is ethernet to USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-5ghz-band-to-24ghz-for-mobile/06d5dc6a-73a3-4a8e-a92d-3b146cd3710a
  6. How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?

How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?: Exactly what the title said, the source for the internet is ethernet to USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-5ghz-band-to-24ghz-for-mobile/06d5dc6a-73a3-4a8e-a92d-3b146cd3710a
  7. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band: I know there are many question related to this, but I have serched a lot in all topics in Microsoft comunity or in reddit posts there were any working solutions or problem as mine some people had hardware incompatibility, not my case, etc. Proof: I have bougth this pc in...
  8. Dual Band Mobile Hotspot

Dual Band Mobile Hotspot: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if it was possible to share an ethernet connection through both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. My wireless adapter has support for dual-band and has two antennas. The reason for this is because I live in an area with a lot, and I mean A LOT of...
  9. Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot: I use mobile hotspot daily and suddenly today when I turned on my laptop the mobile hotspot option was greyed out in the action tab,I went to the Network settings to turn it on but it showed me a message at the top saying "We can't set up Mobile Hotspot".I tried updating my...
  10. Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot: Hi. I'm on a metered connection using my USB Data Card, but been unable to to turn on the Mobile Hotspot to share my connection with other devices (see screenshot below). Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. [img] 30897

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hotspot 5ghz not avaiable

2. 5ghz not available when sharing internet connection

3. mobile hotspot windows 10 the slected band is not available

4. 5ghz hot spot windows 10,
  5. unable to hotspot 5ghz windows 10,
  6. mobile hotspot unable to connect try again later,
  7. the select band isnt aviable mobile hotpot windows,
  8. hotspot 5ghz unable to connect,
  9. convert 5GHZ hotspot TO be shared with a 2.4ghz phone