Windows 10: Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane

Discus and support Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to turn on / off the preview pane in windows file explorer. The Preview Pane but is grayed out and I can't select it. How to I enable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaLundgren, May 29, 2019.

1. Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane

I am unable to turn on / off the preview pane in windows file explorer. The Preview Pane but is grayed out and I can't select it. How to I enable the button again?

Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane 28b9410d-f52f-4c67-b933-fa43bf28f1ea?upload=true.jpg

:)

TaLundgren, May 29, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2019
  3. Eclassbud Win User
    Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, May 29, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane

Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane

1. Unable to turn on / off Preview Pane - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing previews in preview pane: The preview pane is still not working after I have followed the instructions. The pane shows "Select a file to preview." but when I click on a file, it is still blank.Is being linked to Dropbox possibly creating the problem of still not seeing the previews?...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Pane in File Explorer turns on by itself: For about the last week the Preview pane in File Explorer has been turning on by itself. I've also run into a similar problem in which the Hidden Items checkbox will turn on after reboot or after an update. Running 20H2 Build 19042.610. Thanks folks! 167802
  4. How to turn on double preview pane?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on double preview pane?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkGladir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7hoee/how_to_turn_on_double_preview_pane/
  5. Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane: No matter what I choose, the preview pane does not show pictures of the document I have selected. It only says "No preview available" in the preview box. Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/aeb62ac5-d06a-4d4f-8f37-b50320e89cd0
  6. Preview Pane - cannot turn off when importing file into a programme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview Pane - cannot turn off when importing file into a programme: Since a recent update, I'm getting a preview pane to appear when I'm importing or opening a file from a programme I would normally use the ribbon options to enable or disable this under the view tab. However, when opening or importing from the programme there are no options...
  7. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  8. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Using Windows explorer plus Preview pane is causing files to be locked\read only. Is there a fix for this yet? apart from disabling PP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/9b6d0ce9-e586-4c31-a667-249e00efaf31"
  9. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Every time I click on a video file the preview pane continues to display the picture of the first file selected. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/941ab2da-c3c7-4d1a-a6e7-af795f391919"
  10. preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    preview pane: I can't see .PDFs in Preview pane any more. I can see Word,text and others. 112001

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preview pane grayed out in file explorer

2. windows explorer preview pane grayed out

3. preview pane greyed out

4. windows 10 unable to select preview pane,
  5. remove reading pane in windows mail,
  6. preview pane option in explorer grayed out,
  7. get help with file explorer in windows 10 preview pane option is greyed out,
  8. Unable to resize the preview pane in Windows 10,
  9. help in file explorer preview pane greyed,
  10. Unable to Disable Preview PANE in GPO,
  11. windows file explorer preview pane greyed out,
  12. windows explorer preview pane greyed out,
  13. recover reading pane in windows 10 mail,
  14. remove reading pane in windows 10 mail,
  15. how to hide details pane greyed out