Windows 10: Unable to turn on sound

Discus and support Unable to turn on sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to turn on sound. Tried to fix using system troubleshoot. There is no sound at all input and output. Thank you for the help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shannan Cazares, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Unable to turn on sound

I am unable to turn on sound. Tried to fix using system troubleshoot. There is no sound at all input and output. Thank you for the help.

:)

Shannan Cazares, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unable to turn on sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 30, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Unable to turn on sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to turn on sound

1. Unable to turn on sound - Similar Threads - Unable turn sound

2. Sound icon not showing? (it's turned on)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound icon not showing? (it's turned on): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iRayanH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk2hsh/sound_icon_not_showing_its_turned_on/
  3. Turn of the sound of maxvolume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn of the sound of maxvolume: Hi, Every time i set the sound volume to max on my computer it start playing an annoying sound that i reached max. I use several audio sources and have volume controllers on both the browser, computer and the speaker. But as soon as i get over 90+ it just repeat the same...
  4. sound automatically turns on momentarily

sound automatically turns on momentarily: At random moments the sound turns itself on for a moment or two then stops. Setting for computer sounds is off. HP desktop, Windows 10, IE11 & Edge browsers...
  5. Spatial Sound doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Sound doesn't turn on: I got a surround sound headset and wanted to use it for gaming. Realized that my spatial sound wasn't working. Every time I turn it on, it turns right back off. I've tried updating drivers (I have default drivers), reinstalling drivers, and pretty much everything. The issue...
  6. Sound not turning down

Sound not turning down: I haven't made any recent changes to my pc but today the sound decided to stop responding. It wont turn down, even if it's at 0%, so my pc is kind of unusable with my headphones at the moment. Severely hurt my ears when first ocurred, please help....
  7. Unable to Play Sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play Sounds: Today when I fired up my pc it was showing a red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar when I clicked on it it started Troubleshooter but troubleshooter couldn't help me when I open playback devices it is showing my Speakers and when I clicked test nothing happens I tried...
  8. 7.1 Sound can’t turn it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7.1 Sound can’t turn it on.: Im struggling because I can’t turn 7.1 sound around on in my windows 10. If I go to virtual sound at speakers settings I see that it says Virtual sound around but I can’t activate it, Windows Sonic for headset also and Dolby production both can’t be turned either. I have Asus...
  9. Turn of Typing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn of Typing Sound: Is there another setting to turn off key sounds as I'm typing, other than turning off the "play keysounds as I type" in Touch Keyboard settings?? I've switched that setting to "off" but my keys are still making that typing sound....
  10. unable to turn wireless on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to turn wireless on: After Windows 10 Home is updated, wireless switch is not able to be turned on. I clicked an icon wifi, no lucks, and wireless switch is on in settings. any fix? [img] [img] 89671