Windows 10: Unable to turn on windows firewall

Discus and support Unable to turn on windows firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows firewall kept freezing my PC every time I downloaded a file and after a lot of trouble I managed to turn it off permanently because it kept... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CreativSelf, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Unable to turn on windows firewall

My Windows firewall kept freezing my PC every time I downloaded a file and after a lot of trouble I managed to turn it off permanently because it kept turning on by itself. However, I'm no longer able to turn it back on.

Unable to turn on windows firewall [​IMG]

:)

CreativSelf, Mar 21, 2017

2. Virus and malware

unable to remove exclusions on windows defender and firewall turns frequently

Azharuddins, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to turn ON Windows Firewall, returns error code 0x800706d9

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided, do you have another anti-virus software? It is possible that your Firewall
    were blocked by your anti-virus software, causing the issue to occur. You can try to turn off your anti-virus software and turn on your Firewall. If the issue as no progress, turn on your anti-virus again and perform a
    clean boot.
    It is also possible that the applications running on your computer's background were causing the issue to occur.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Unable to turn on windows firewall

CreativeSelf,

Welcome to TenForums!

Try restoring the firewall settings by right-clicking the white Windows icon on the left of the TaskBar, and selecting: Command Prompt (Admin)

At the elevated command prompt, type the following and press Enter:

Code: netsh advfirewall reset[/quote]
    The command restores the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security policy to the default policy, returns all Group Policy settings to Not Configured, and deletes all connection security and firewall rules.

cottonball, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Unfortunately that command only works, when Windows Firewall is running.

Unable to turn on windows firewall [​IMG]

It seems, that your firewall is disabled by policy. What kind of security do you use?

You can try this, run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall" /f

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to turn on windows firewall

1. Unable to turn on windows firewall - Similar Threads - Unable turn firewall

2. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  3. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...: unable to turn this setting on pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-the-microsoft-defender-firewall/94d5712e-b7ca-476a-a420-0cc14c78f8a3
  4. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...: unable to turn this setting on pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-the-microsoft-defender-firewall/94d5712e-b7ca-476a-a420-0cc14c78f8a3
  5. Unable to turn on the microsoft defender firewall settings and also unable to restore...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  7. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  8. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...
  9. windows firewall will not turn on

windows firewall will not turn on: windows firewall is down windows defender is down . I am unable to start services nor change properties on the items also windows firewall driver is not working. every thing I try is blocked or I am not given access denied access that is ....
  10. Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Unable to turn on Firewall on PC: Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to turn on firewall windows 10