Windows 10: Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters.

Discus and support Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a surface book and when I point the cursor or try to type anything it starts continuously putting zeros instead of letters. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick13x, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Nick13x Win User

Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters.

I am using a surface book and when I point the cursor or try to type anything it starts continuously putting zeros instead of letters. I have checked and the num lock is not turned on. The weird thing is that this is happening on my other machine as well. I can't type anything anywhere. I checked the zero key on the keyboard and it is not pressed down. The language and keyboard are set to English-US.

:)

Nick13x, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters.

upgraded to Windows 10. How do I type a letter

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Where are you trying to type a letter?
    • Which application or program are you using to type the letter?

I suggest you to use WordPad or notepad for type the letter or any documents or else please do let us know what exactly you are trying to do? Which application are you looking for typing the letter?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you further on this issue.

Karthicka_R, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters.

1. Unable to type anything as zeros apper instead of letters. - Similar Threads - Unable type anything

2. Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?: Everytime I type @, " appears and vice versa. How do I rectify this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-types-instead-of-why/aa79e885-14f0-4559-9c06-23d6f7628a89
  3. Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything: Hello from Slovakia. At first, sorry for my english. I'll do my best to describe my problem. I have laptop HP Pavilion DV6 with latest Windows 10 built 1809. I bought a keyboard (classic without mod keys) 6 months ago and i was using it 5 months with Windows 7 with old...
  4. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  5. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  6. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  7. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of letters

Keyboard does shortcuts instead of letters: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself. Ever since yesterday (October 10th) typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S opens the...
  8. I am unable to type the letter \/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to type the letter \/: I installed a Auto clicker... I linked it to the letter \/ (I know, stupid). Howe\/er I do not know how to fix this specific problem. If any is able to assist, I would be extremely thankful. Especially because I ha\/e a paper to write....
  9. Keyboard is typing two letters at once.

Keyboard is typing two letters at once.: Hi, Yesterday I was sitting on laptop and my keyboard started acting up really weirdly. My keyboard started typing two letters at once except for C, X, B , N, M and Z. If I typed Q then 2Q would come up, H would then be YH, and so on ... Do you know what made my...
  10. Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?

Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?: Don't know if this is a hardware or computer problem, but think it is computer performance related problem. I have been using a MS Arc keyboard for the last three years with no problems until the last several months. Often times when the computer is first booted up, and for a...