Windows 10: Unable to type chinese

Discus and support Unable to type chinese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I can't type Chinese at all on my laptop. Nothing comes out when I try to input the pinyin. My windows is up to date, just checked it 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Haki Kim, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Haki Kim Win User

Unable to type chinese

Hi. I can't type Chinese at all on my laptop. Nothing comes out when I try to input the pinyin. My windows is up to date, just checked it 5 minutes before I write this post.

Unable to type chinese c2ae2f05-e1b7-4ec8-b0d5-323f86d9c365?upload=true.png

:)

Haki Kim, Mar 22, 2021

2. unable to type chinese after update to Windows 10

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using Chinese language pack on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Type "Language" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu and click on it.

2. Click on Add a Language.

3. Search for Chinese language from the list.

4. Click on Chinese (Simplified) and click on Open.

5. Then select the Chinese language.

6. Click on Add.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Can't type Chinese

Nope, this does not solve the issue as well. I was already using Windows 10 previously when I was still able to type in Chinese, but I think it was only after the recent update that I was unable to type in Chinese anymore.

AngelaChew24, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Unable to type chinese

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Unable to type chinese

1. Unable to type chinese - Similar Threads - Unable type chinese

2. type chinese with AZERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type chinese with AZERTY keyboard: Hello,I am not quite sure if my question is a new one. If it is, I would be shocked that there is still no solution.I have a french AZERTY keyboard. When I set up the keyboard to type Chinese in settings, there is only one keyboard choice, which is Microsoft Pinyin. To use...
  3. type chinese with AZERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    type chinese with AZERTY keyboard: Hello,I am not quite sure if my question is a new one. If it is, I would be shocked that there is still no solution.I have a french AZERTY keyboard. When I set up the keyboard to type Chinese in settings, there is only one keyboard choice, which is Microsoft Pinyin. To use...
  4. Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China: Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-basic-typing-for-chinese/63233df5-6344-4b5e-855b-e3cacf19bbc1
  5. Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China

Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China: Unable to download basic typing for Chinese Simplified, China https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-basic-typing-for-chinese/63233df5-6344-4b5e-855b-e3cacf19bbc1
  6. Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing

Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing: Hello,I've installed Chinese Taiwan language module, but I'm unable to download its basic typing, as download seems keeping ongoing and it never ends. I turned off Windows Defender firewall. I ran troubleshooting for Windows Update & Keyboard and restarted the comupter. It...
  7. Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing: Hello,I've installed Chinese Taiwan language module, but I'm unable to download its basic typing, as download seems keeping ongoing and it never ends. I turned off Windows Defender firewall. I ran troubleshooting for Windows Update & Keyboard and restarted the comupter. It...
  8. Cannot download chinese basic typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download chinese basic typing: Hi,Previously got new update i need to redownload the Chinese language pack again, but recently the new update, the windows no able to download the basic typing. the download will never run, something it run halfway at stuck like forever.Can u help solve this problem. Thank...
  9. Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo: being tried many ways to re-install the OS package but, IME was disabled. unabke to switch between Chinese and English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-traditional-chinese-with-bopomofo/06720461-7065-4309-8270-056044f9782c
  10. Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...: Hello, I am having a issue of typing traditional Chinese with Bopomofo input method in Window 10. I have installed the language pack successfully as the below screen shows. [ATTACH] However, every time I wanted to switch between Chinese and English using Shift key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant type in chinese even though my keyboard is in cchinese