Windows 10: Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

Discus and support Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. in Cortana to solve the problem; After the latest updates I am unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. I have tried all the solutions on the internet. Powershell commands, the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoeS_1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. JoeS_1 Win User

Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

After the latest updates I am unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. I have tried all the solutions on the internet. Powershell commands, the ctfmon fix, restarting windows explorer, all of it. No matter what I try, the search box won't respond.

The latest updates installed are:

Update for Microsoft Windows(KB4517389) 10/8/2019

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player 10/8/2019

Security update for Microsoft windows(KB4515871) 10/8/2019

Security update for Microsoft windows(KB451533) 10/8/2019

Security update for Microsoft windows(KB4515530) 09/03/2019

Anyone have any new solution ideas?

:)

JoeS_1, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 11, 2019
  3. No search box on taskbar Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

Unable to type anything on search box in taskbar or explorer. Cotana is missing also.

Can't type anything on search box in windows taskbar or windows explorer. So unable to search anything. Also , I can't find Cotana anywhere.

Lakshitha Samod, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

1. Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. - Similar Threads - Unable type search

2. Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything: Hello,I've been having an ongoing issue that's been affecting multiple users who share the same PC in the same office.Ever since a week ago, the Search Box in Taskbar has been unresponsive and users aren't allowed to type/search anything on it. Something I've noticed is the...
  3. Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything: Hello,I've been having an ongoing issue that's been affecting multiple users who share the same PC in the same office.Ever since a week ago, the Search Box in Taskbar has been unresponsive and users aren't allowed to type/search anything on it. Something I've noticed is the...
  4. Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar: Hi,Why i am not able to type anything in Win 10 search box in taskbar. restarted also but doesnt help.Can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-to-type-anything-in-search-box-in/20a3e6d4-4702-442a-acd7-311a9e43f7d1
  6. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar: Hi,Why i am not able to type anything in Win 10 search box in taskbar. restarted also but doesnt help.Can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-to-type-anything-in-search-box-in/20a3e6d4-4702-442a-acd7-311a9e43f7d1
  7. Unable to to type anything in search box in taskbar

in Cortana
  8. Unable to type in Windows 10 search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Windows 10 search box: Hi, I am unable to type into the search box in the task bar of my Windows 10 laptop. Not sure if it's related but there did appear to be some updates applied when I logged off last night. Googling I have found a number of suggestions. So far I have tried the following...
  9. Unable to type anything on search box in taskbar or explorer. Cotana is missing also.

in Cortana
    Unable to type anything on search box in taskbar or explorer. Cotana is missing also.: Can't type anything on search box in windows taskbar or windows explorer. So unable to search anything. Also , I can't find Cotana anywhere....
  10. Unable to type in Search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Search box: Hi all, I have an office and 3 of my machines are unable to type in the search box, I've come to the conclusion that it is Cortana as on all 3 machines there is no Cortana to be seen. But other machines in the office have Cortana and are able to search I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant type in search taskbar

2. cannot type in search in task bar

3. unable to search from taskbar

4. not able to type on taskbar,
  5. windows 10 unable to search from taskbar