Windows 10: Unable to type into Search Bar

Discus and support Unable to type into Search Bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Unable to type into Search Bar

Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it.

submitted by /u/ashuraaz23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashuraaz23, Feb 11, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    can't type anthing in search bar

Hi,

Corrupted Windows components is one of the possible reasons why you were unable to type anything on your search bar. To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to type using other applications like Word, Notepad or Excel?

In the meantime, you may refer to the steps provided by Abdul_Malik posted on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Feb 11, 2020
  4. robnelli Win User

Unable to type into Search Bar

Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

I've gone to the action center and have turned location on and rebooted. Still unable to type anything in the search box of the task bar. The start menu works fine.

robnelli, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to type into Search Bar

1. Unable to type into Search Bar - Similar Threads - Unable type Search

2. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  3. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  4. typing issue in search bar

in Cortana
    typing issue in search bar: I cant type in the search bar of Windows 10. I have tried different keyboard and to the fact that I can type in the browser so it is not keyboard problem. Only in search bar I having problem...
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  7. Unable to type in search bar with new mouse

in Cortana
    Unable to type in search bar with new mouse: Because our mouse was needing a few clicks to make it work we got a new one. The point and click on the new one works OK but unable to type in the search bar. Put the old mouse and widget back in and the search bar works. I notice that Cortana and Search are both suspended...
  8. Unable to type in search bar and notes

Unable to type in search bar and notes: High guys ive recently encountered a lot of issues with my PC where im unable to type in search bars throughout all of windows, and applications such as notepad. I ran a windows app diagnostics tool which fixed an issue with the user access control UAC or something like that...
  9. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...
  10. Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar: I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there...