Windows 10: Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only

Discus and support Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to type on microsoft edge and on windows features such as settings and search bar. However, I was able to type on other softwares such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yoapfamily, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only

I am unable to type on microsoft edge and on windows features such as settings and search bar. However, I was able to type on other softwares such as Vivaldi and Steam. I tried to unplug and plug it in again but nothing works. It worked before i replaced my graphics card.

:)

yoapfamily, Dec 28, 2018

2. Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 28, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only

1. Unable to type on microsoft edge and windows only - Similar Threads - Unable type microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  3. How to use Voice Typing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Voice Typing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: Voice Typing and Speech Recognition is one of the hottest topics. Companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon are trying to make their Speech Recognition algorithm as accurate as possible. In this article, we are going to learn how to use Voice Typing in Microsoft...
  4. Only Microsoft Edge working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Microsoft Edge working: A few days ago, Google Chrome stopped working, and I can't even open it. I didn't really care, and just used Edge. Today I downloaded Opera GX, and this time it opened, I thought. The startup animation is showing, but after that it just disappears. Can someone please help...
  5. Unable to type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to type: At times, I am unable to type using my keypad. I am using my touchscreen to type this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type/7cafe86b-9466-4fb2-a0ed-e4703ccc199e
  6. unable to type

unable to type: unable to type at, re installed, and then was ok however has since disabled again unable to type in box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type/1532d8e7-960f-4a57-873d-4f8a9cb97ed7
  7. Unable to type posts using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to type posts using Edge: I am typing this up using a different browser. Does TenForums support using Edge browser? Because I cannot even type on the message box to post messages or replies at all in the message body field box using Edge. Seems like TenForums does not support Edge.Maybe its because I...
  8. Microsoft Edge - allow only

Microsoft Edge - allow only: Posted many times in many places with no resolution... perhaps here... you already no the question if you are part of the MS team... "Allow Always" is missing from the options when a website requires Adobe Flash while using Microsoft Edge...
  9. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  10. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!: I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc. I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to type in edge

2. unable to type in Microsoft Edge

3. unable to type on edge

4. type on pdf microsoft edge,
  5. unable to type inedge