Windows 10: Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up.

Discus and support Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to work before but now unable to type Taiwan traditional Chinese through bopomofo input method. Most of the keys has no response and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvitaYEO, Apr 13, 2021.

1. EvitaYEO Win User

Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up.

It used to work before but now unable to type Taiwan traditional Chinese through bopomofo input method. Most of the keys has no response and sometimes came out with random words.

:)

EvitaYEO, Apr 13, 2021
  2. LestariM Win User

Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Hanyu Pinyin keyboard is not functioning

Hi!

I desperately need to type traditional Chinese with hanyu pinyin (not bopomofo) keyboard. Previously, I had no problem at all (with older version of Windows), but it seems that this function no longer working in Windows 10.

I installed the Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) language pack and downloaded all Traditional Chinese IME required. Next, I've tried so many times to change the preferred keyboard layout to Hanyu Pinyin, but it didn't work at all (still showing bopomofo when
    I type). I've also tried the Chinese (Traditional, Hongkong SAR) language pack and the result was exactly the same.

I'm fully aware that I could also type traditional Chinese with Chinese (Simplified, China) language pack. However, it still has some problems since not all the traditional characters are available. For example, I can't find li (裡) character and it keep
    suggesting the other li (裏) that is not really for common use.

Any suggestion to fix this problem?

Thank you so much.

LestariM, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Mary Sha Win User
    On-screen Keyboard for Chinese(Traditional, Taiwan) shows English-alphabet keys instead of Bopomofo symbols!

The problem reported here requires a fix!

I have selected the keyboard settings for language 'Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)' as "Standard" (shown below).

Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up. 41adeef6-bd00-4d26-b2f4-050ebc15ebdc.png

However, the 'On-screen Keyboard' has each key shown as English alphabet (shown below), instead of Bopomofo symbol.

Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up. d46e849f-2d65-4ef7-adc4-4659813e4fe3.png

Mary Sha, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Robert546 Win User

Issue with setting Traditional Chinese as Input Method

Original title: Traditional Chinese Input

HELLP!

How do I set up Windows 10 to have both Taiwan Traditional Chinese BOPOMOFO and Taiwan Traditional Chinese Pinyin Method?

My wife uses bopomofo method and I use Pinyin method. I installed the simplified chinese with pinyin method (change the option to traditional chinese), however, it is missing words, for example, 台 is missing. HELP!

Robert546, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up. - Similar Threads - Unable type Taiwan

2. Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing: Hello,I've installed Chinese Taiwan language module, but I'm unable to download its basic typing, as download seems keeping ongoing and it never ends. I turned off Windows Defender firewall. I ran troubleshooting for Windows Update & Keyboard and restarted the comupter. It...
  3. Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Chinese Taiwan basic typing: Hello,I've installed Chinese Taiwan language module, but I'm unable to download its basic typing, as download seems keeping ongoing and it never ends. I turned off Windows Defender firewall. I ran troubleshooting for Windows Update & Keyboard and restarted the comupter. It...
  4. Unable to install Chinese Taiwan keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Chinese Taiwan keyboard: Hi ,My name is Yi-Hsuan . I just received my new laptop today and it is with windows 10 pro version 20H2.I tried to add Chinese traditional to my keyboard but failed. It kept saying that my computer is searching for language features…. I am sorry, could you help me with that...
  5. typing in Taiwan mopofo

typing in Taiwan mopofo: i tried type in Taiwan's mopofo, found the IME pad but don't know how to choose and apply the word that i need. If anyone is good at typing in foreign language , please help!...
  6. Input method - change from Çhinese Traditional , Taiwan Microsoft Bopomofo to Microsoft...

Input method - change from Çhinese Traditional , Taiwan Microsoft Bopomofo to Microsoft...: unable to do Microsoft Bopomofo, please help to change it to Microsoft Pinyin Traditional Chinese. Advice will be appreciated. [Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Word / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family]...
  7. Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo

Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo: being tried many ways to re-install the OS package but, IME was disabled. unabke to switch between Chinese and English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-traditional-chinese-with-bopomofo/06720461-7065-4309-8270-056044f9782c
  8. I cannot type Bopomofo after updated windows 10

I cannot type Bopomofo after updated windows 10: Hi, After windows update 2 days ago, i found my computer cannot type bopomofo anymore. there's window pop out shown 'Downloading Language Dictionary" and asking to connect to internet. however after clicked nothing show up. I tried to removed Chinese package and reinstall...
  9. Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...

Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...: Hello, I am having a issue of typing traditional Chinese with Bopomofo input method in Window 10. I have installed the language pack successfully as the below screen shows. [ATTACH] However, every time I wanted to switch between Chinese and English using Shift key...
  10. Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo

Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo: Hello, I am having a issue of typing traditional Chinese with Bopomofo input method in Window 10. I have installed the language pack successfully as the below screen shows. However, every time I wanted to switch between Chinese and English using Shift key to type...