Windows 10: unable to type

Discus and support unable to type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; unable to type at, re installed, and then was ok however has since disabled again unable to type in box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherBuscombe, Jun 2, 2020.

1. unable to type

unable to type at, re installed, and then was ok however has since disabled again unable to type in box

:)

ChristopherBuscombe, Jun 2, 2020

2. Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 2, 2020
  3. ksstr Win User
    Unable to type text in any of start (search func)

• As mentioned in title, I was unable to type in the start (press start > press any key to search)
    • Unable to type wifi password too (but can paste) > essentially the wifi passcode textbox that popups up from taskbar
    • I have tried many well-known antiviruses, malwarebytes etc. but none could solve the issue
    • I have also tried powershell scripts to fix but it doesn't work either:
      unable to type [​IMG]

ksstr, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

unable to type

Unable to type in Windows 10

Hi,

• Did you check if you can type well using Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message when you type in Edge?

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

I would suggest you to clear cookies and saved website data, form data, and passwords
    used to help make your browsing experience easy. Here's how:

• In Microsoft Edge, go to More
      unable to type [​IMG]
      > Settings, and under
      Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear, and then select the check box(es) for the information you want to clear.

Please revert if you face any issues while typing.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

unable to type

1. unable to type - Similar Threads - unable type

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?: After attempting to install the new Cumulating Update Preview for 2024 KB5034204, It failed and restarted my computer. But after coming back, I ran into multiple errors such as not being able to type in the windows search bar or right clicking an app on my taskbar. I don't...
  5. How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?

How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?: After attempting to install the new Cumulating Update Preview for 2024 KB5034204, It failed and restarted my computer. But after coming back, I ran into multiple errors such as not being able to type in the windows search bar or right clicking an app on my taskbar. I don't...
  6. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  7. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  8. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional

my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional: my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-unable-to-type-the-lowercase-letter/fcf38ee3-4b84-47b4-847b-6366bd6e9738