Windows 10: Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22

Discus and support Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer and did a fresh Windows 10 install. During the install I entered my Live credentials and I guess Windows automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zze86, Nov 2, 2020.

1. zze86 Win User

Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22

I recently built a new computer and did a fresh Windows 10 install. During the install I entered my Live credentials and I guess Windows automatically selects certain folders to backup to Onedrive, the documents folder and the desktop folders being among those automatically chosen.

I did not realize this and installed all my programs ~80gb worth of programs with some program folders automatically placed in the Documents folder. I also copied a bunch of install files onto the desktop as a staging area.

Onedrive was syncing in the background and completely filled up my Onedrive folder with a bunch of data I don't want or need to be synced. I am trying to un-sync folders that are in my documents folder i.e. program folders that is taking up all the space on my onedrive.

I went into the settings to select the files/folders I wanted to un-sync but Onedrive wouldn't complete the request since it was trying to sync the folder. My Ondrive is now full and I'm getting warnings that the drive is full. I went to the settings to unselect the folders but still Onedrive won't move on since there is a sync problem.

I tried pausing the sync so that I could change the folders that I wanted sync'd but that completely disables the "settings" options where you can change the folders.

I went to Onedrive online and erased the unwanted folders on the web and quickly tried to unselect the folders in Windows but Onedrive still wouldn't let me.

I tried un-linking Onedrive completely but that disabled the "choose folders" option in the Onedrive settings.

Not realizing that the Onedrive folder's Desktop and Documents folder in File Explorere are DIRECTLY tied to your desktop's Desktop and Documents folder, I deleted them from the the Onedrive folder in File Explorer. Since the files were so big, it did not go to the recycle bin and just deleted it. Gone! A days worth of installing and configuring programs...gone!

So I spent another day cleaning the drive, re-installing windows and re-installed all my programs. I purposely did not activate my Windows license until I had everything installed. I then activated my Windows license and put in my Live credentials and Onedrive automatically started syncing again!!!! Now Onedrive is once again stuck trying to sync my program files.

How the hell do I stop this stupid loop???

:)

zze86, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22

1. Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22 - Similar Threads - Unable sync folders

2. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  3. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  4. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  6. Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders: Hello. I have an issue. In a folder inside my desktop there is some files i dont want. Now i delete these files but they keep coming back. And i am almost sure that this is Onedrive's fault. Because everytime they come back they have this onedrive logo. And i cant actually...
  7. Unable to un-link or sign in to OneDrive

Unable to un-link or sign in to OneDrive: Onedrive will not allow me to sign in. When I open the app it has the option to sign in [ATTACH] Click on sign in and nothing it just disappears, if I go to settings my account is still linked, clicking the un-link account button does nothing... Clicking add account does...
  8. Unable to sync my onedrive folder

Unable to sync my onedrive folder: My Onedrive folder seems to have stopped syncing. I tried to unlink my account and link it back again after searching on the internet, but it seems to always be linked. ie i cant unlink my account. However, when I click on the onedrive icon on the taskbar, it asks me to...
  9. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  10. Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive

Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive: I recently had to do a system re-bootr on my windows 10 PC. When i re-installed one drive I ended up with 2 copies of the same. One shows the blue cloud under status, and the other does not. Am I safe to delete the copy that does not have the blue cloud without deleting all...