Windows 10: Unable to uninstall an app.

Discus and support Unable to uninstall an app. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardWelin, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Unable to uninstall an app.

Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?

:)

RichardWelin, Dec 7, 2019

2. unable to uninstall an app

I had downloaded modern combat 5 game in my phone from the store... But it's not listed in the app list OR it's not there in the start menu..

When I go to store it's showing that the game is installed and gives me an option to view..but when I tap view the store exits..

so I am unable to uninstall it from the phone though it has consumed memory in my device..

Nokia Lumia 730. Any suggestions???

amitpaul90, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app.

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to uninstall an app.

1. Unable to uninstall an app. - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall app

2. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset: Hi there, I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it had trouble launching suddenly so I attempted to reset it. The reset attempt appears not to have worked. It removed the App...
  3. Unable to Remove/Uninstall an App completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Remove/Uninstall an App completely: Dear community, So I recently downloaded an app and unfortunately got bundled up with some junk virus software. I was trying to remove the software but somehow were not able to remove it completely. It kept showing up in my list of Apps & features, but the Modify and...
  4. Unable to uninstall keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to uninstall keyboard: I just added a new wireless keyboard to my computer. It is causing the computer to crash. I am trying to uninstall the driver for the previous wireless keyboard hoping that will solve the crashing issue. Whenever I uninstall the keyboard and turn off the computer the...
  5. Uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall an app: I installed this app,quick finder template,decided to uninstall it.Went into settings then apps,only to find it is not in my list of apps....
  6. UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL APPS ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL APPS ON WINDOWS 10: Hi,im unable to install or uninstall an programs on windows 10,ever time i try to install/uninstall an error pops up saing it cant find the file in c drive and also sas admin permissins required.tried to change the admin,but its saing im still the admin,there are no other...
  7. Unable to uninstall FSX app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall FSX app.: Today the disc version of FSX has been acting up and I decided to uninstall it and try and reinstall it and possibly fix it but my PC is unable to uninstall it because of this window that pops up, I've looked through the files an[IMG]d I can't still fix it, Any suggestions?...
  8. Unable to uninstall programs

Unable to uninstall programs: I was trying to uninstall utorrent from "Programmes and Features" but the error that I received is "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall utorrent. Please contact your system administrator". I tried uninstalling the program from "regedit" but I could not find my...
  9. Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update

Unable to Open/Uninstall App After Reverting Update: I recently installed the Anniversary Update and I tested some apps to see if they work. I tried to open Wifi Analyzer and it immediately crashes after opening. After trying to open it multiple times I decided to reinstall. I uninstalled it but my internet went down so I...
  10. Unable to Uninstall Apps Multi-Profile Wide

Unable to Uninstall Apps Multi-Profile Wide: Hello, I am working for a company where we're trying to rollout some new Tablets with Windows 10; as these tablets are to be used with specific tasks in mind and potentially across multiple profiles, it would be ideal if majority of the Apps were removed PC wide. We already...