Windows 10: Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

Discus and support Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PhilippeEnguehard, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

Hi there,

I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it had trouble launching suddenly so I attempted to reset it. The reset attempt appears not to have worked.

It removed the App from my Apps list, so it cannot be repaired, reset or uninstalled. However, it is also still located in the WindowsApps folder, which is preventing me from reinstalling it from the store; I get an error that says "something went wrong on our end" and to try again later.

I have restarted my computer several times.

I have attempted to do a wsreset as well as a powershell re-initialization for the store, and that has not fixed the issue.

I have logged out into another account, which did not fix the issues.

I am unable to manually delete the game data, as it is in the WindowsApps protected folder.

I'm on 64-bit Windows 10, with the most up to date version and build (v. 1903 build 18362.418)

Short of doing a complete format of the drive, what can I do?

Thanks for any help you might have!

:)

PhilippeEnguehard, Oct 27, 2019

2. unable to uninstall an app

I had downloaded modern combat 5 game in my phone from the store... But it's not listed in the app list OR it's not there in the start menu..

When I go to store it's showing that the game is installed and gives me an option to view..but when I tap view the store exits..

so I am unable to uninstall it from the phone though it has consumed memory in my device..

Nokia Lumia 730. Any suggestions???

amitpaul90, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

1. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall App

2. User profile cannot be located after unsuccessful reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be located after unsuccessful reset: I tried resetting my PC to improve my computer speed a bit. I chose to delete all files and locally instal windows. After I leaving it to do it's thing I came back but wasn't asked to create a profile and I could still see my old username but saw the following prompt...
  3. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  4. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  5. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app: Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also restarted the device but it still prompted the same message box informing to uninstall office-64 before 32-bit. Does anyone...
  6. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app: Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also restarted the device but it still prompted the same message box informing to uninstall office-64 before 32-bit. Does anyone...
  7. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Resetting app, uninstalls that app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Resetting app, uninstalls that app: When i was suffering from some problem in Microsoft store, I decided to reset store. But when i reset Microsoft store, it uninstalled. But its icon didn't removed from start menu. Same happened with one more app, i.e., Your Phone. I tried to reinstall it by powershell...
  9. Unable to uninstall an app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall an app.: Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?...
  10. VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset

in Windows 10 Support
    VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset: So, today I reset my computer with the "wipe the drive" option selected. I left for about 4-5 hours. Came back, still stuck at 2%. Great. I looked at forums, I just turned the power off, waited a bit, and then turned it on again. I then got into a screen that had some...